It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #1

Pandakaity5 HB User
Talking Improvement!!

Well, today I have made a big improvement. Usually when I have panic attacks because of seeing this person, it ruins the rest of my day. But now, today, I saw the kid and I didn't let it ruin my day! So now I am one step closer to getting better! Thanks to everyone for the advice they have given me, it has given me hope. Now I know that I will get better! I just thought that I should let you all know!

*~*Kaity*~*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: Improvement!!

Hi again Kaity,

I'm so pleased for you. I knew you were strong and would make great progress in not letting this idiotic person rule your life. As I said before he's not worth the air that you breathe.

Congratulations on this first step. Keep in touch.

Best wishes,

goldenwings

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
(female)

littleone101 HB User

Hey!!!
I'm so proud of you!!!! That's great!!! I can't wait to be able to someday do the same thing myself. You're an example to us all. Keep going!!!
~Mel

Old 01-13-2005, 05:00 PM   #4

Pandakaity5 HB User
Talking Re: Improvement!!

Thanks very much to the both of you. I wish the best for you too! I may not be all the way there yet, but I sure am close. Its nice to know though that people here think its a big step, but when I tell people outside of the boards there like and your point is? because I am not over it yet. I am hoping to be soon though! And good luck to you two!
*~*Kaity*~*

Old 01-13-2005, 05:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya Kaity,

The people who don't understand your great step forward should be asked to walk in your shoes for a day, or two or a week and THEN and ONLY THEN will they know what a tremendous effort you have made and still are making also how strong you are becoming.

Go girl !!

Oh, by the way, did you find out what you needed to know about EMDR? I know what ithe initials stand for. You will have to look into it yourself as I'm not allowed to give you web sites. Let me know if you need the information from me.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 01-13-2005 at 05:40 PM.

Old 01-14-2005, 07:54 PM   #6

Pandakaity5 HB User

Hello Goldenwings!

Thanks for what you said, because it makes me know that I did a really great thing. At first I was lost and I didn't know what to do, or who to talk to. I figured nobody cares about a 14 year old's problems! And then I found here, and I actually found people that understood me, and didnt laugh at what I said. Because they know what I am going through. So I just wanted to thank you for that and without the support from the boards I dont think that I would be as far along as I am either.
About EMDR, yes, I did find out what it is. I tried it twice, and really didn't like it. So far, it hasn't helped me. I think that I will just stick to the regular counseling, because my counselor is doing a wonderful job! Now, thanks again, and if anyone has any other advice it would be greatly appreciate it.
Thank you for all you have done so far,
Kaity

Closed Thread