It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

cupidscat HB User
ptsd?

Hi i have been in counceling since i was 15 ,my step dad was an abusive alcholic my real dad a successful dr whom never had time for me and mom in denial anyhow over the years i have come to terms with all of this i also dated a guy for 4 years whom i did not know was a cocaine freak he use to beat me up and put me in bad situations i blamed myself for his outbursts anyhow hes gone most issues resolved but i have panic disorder i am also married with a son and daughte i get along great with my daughter 5 but my son whim has add hes 10 i have issues with as well as my husband i tend to blow up easily at them and ifeel sometimes the rage my dad had towards me me and both dad are cool now and i dont have the fear of step dad or abondement feeling i had from real dad but i still feel like sometime the past kicks in is this ptsd?
i hate being mean but i do tend to get that way towards men sorry any advice?

Old 01-15-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
(male)

taintedsoul HB User
Re: ptsd?

Knowing PTSD symptoms it is understandable to express anger and rage. My wife and I both suffer PTSD from SA. In almost 20 years of marriage I have often expressed anger inappropriately and sometimes rage. My wife goes through fits of rage that have left trails of destruction. We have both created and caused unnecessary pain through our family.
The important thing is recognizing it and honestly approaching how we can change these behaviors.
Youo have already identified it and are concerned about it. It will take effort and time to change.
It doesnt happen overnight.
I will pray for your families patience and understanding for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread