It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2005, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

littleone101 HB User
Help! I'm at my whit's end.

Hey everyone. (my attempt is to get through this without sobbing.. not sure it'll happen)
Anyways, I'm 17 years old. I've had really really bad experiences with guys. Read some of my other posts and you'll understand. I guy asked me out on monday (highschool relationship - don't have to "go out" before you're a girlfriend) anyways, I'm scared. I'm completely terrified. I thought I was ready.. but maybe I wasn't.. I'm terrified of any physical contact with him, and I"m scared to death to see him. He put his arm around my shoulder today and I jump like 10 feet and then moved far away, he was actually really ticked off to. And then he tried to kiss me.. I can't do it.. I dont' want to.. but I feel so childish and then I get so scared that I'll be like this forever. My one dream has always been to marry and have children. How can I do this?? I'm scared.. I know I"m young but its hard..
Anyways, thanks for listening.
God Bless.
~Mel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 09:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kiehn HB User
Re: Help! I'm at my whit's end.

Has someone sexually abused or hurt you? What exactly are you afraid of? Are you
afraid things will progess and you wont be able to stop them? You're right sex should not be taken casually now a days so it's actually good to have some fear of sexual relations with Aids and other diseases out there. My suggestion is to make it clear right off the bat to any young man you date your feelings. Which will weed out the thoses that are just looking to use you and also help you find someone that is interested in you. Keep posting talk about your fears, sometimes one persons opinions or suggestions are more helpful than others. You made a wise choice to ask for help
on this subject, Take Care, K

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2005, 07:54 PM   #3
(female)

littleone101 HB User

Sexual abuse? Oh yes. Its happened with at least four different men. And I'm just scared. I've only started dealing with it recently and I guess I"m just not ready.
Today this guy tried to kiss me, I turned my head so he could only kiss my cheek. As soon as he did, I remembered the slap I'd gotten across my face the last time I'd done that (I do hate those flashbacks).
I'm just so frustrated... don't know what to do... all I know is this just doesn't feel right..
~Mel

Old 02-22-2005, 08:25 AM   #4
(female)

Rani* HB User

Mel,
There are free crisis center clinic to help women deal with being raped or sexually
abused. Look up the number in the blue pages of your phone book for a local clinic.
You will get past this but it may take time. Things will get better, hang in there!

Closed Thread