It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2005, 05:54 AM   #1

Pandakaity5 HB User
Unhappy Please Help!

Hello, well, for those of you that don't know the story, I am 15, and when I was 11 I was physically assaulted and then stalked by a fellow 6th grader. He tortured me wherever we went. Then, he got kicked out of school for going after a teacher (in 6th grade). We had a law suit against the school for them not being able to protect me. I also got PTSD from it. about a week after we settled the case, they let the kid back in. Ever since then, my life has been terrible. I hate high school, and I don't know what to do. Finally for once we got the assistant principal on OUR side. So he tries to make sure the kid doesn't go near me. The only problem is that yesterday, we got a letter in the mail from the kid's attorney, saying that we are ruining his high school years, and that I am harrassing him. They also said that if it doesn't stop, they are gonna sue us. They also did the same thing to the school, so now they can't make him go certain ways in the hallways anymore, so he goes the ways that I do, and when I switch he does too. I now see him on an average of 5 times a day. I can't focus on my work anymore either! I am an honors student who usually gets all A's, and now I am failing two of my classes!! Does anyone have any advice?

Old 02-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User
Re: Please Help!

My Dear Kaity,

I am so sorry that things are getting worse. I really can't understand how it has all got this far. Will your parents be able to see their own atttorney and turn the tables on the troublemaker and his mother? They have been doing this for too long now, and something really must happen.

I really don't know what else to suggest. You have done everything correctly and it is still be allowed to go on. The school still should do more I feel, but now their hands are well and truly tied.

Continue to write every instance down, every word said and every deed done against you. Then take it all to your attorney.

I am so sorry Kaity that it is continuing, I am thinking of you.

Take care

goldenwings

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2005, 07:32 AM   #3
(female)

Rani* HB User

Does you school have a program called running start. Where you go to the local
college take a course or twoto begin your college career and can even take courses to finish you high school credits. Its an excellent program, as the school pays for the college courses and you start to obtain college credits before you even finish high school. Talk to your school counselor.

Old 02-25-2005, 02:40 AM   #4
(male)

terrya1750 HB User

That is a good suggestion.

I would like to suggest that you might want to contact your local YWCA. Most of the YWCAs nation wide run a Victims Assistance Program as do some of the States Attorney Generals. Check out your States Home Page and see what resources are available to you where you live.

Also every State in the Union has both an Anti Stalking Law and an Anti Harassment Law. Since you are already this "fellow" students VICTIM, and HE has already demonstrated that he has a violent personality, one or both of these laws should offer some protection.

I assume that HE was prosecuted for the previouse crimes against you. If so Contact the Local Prosecutor regarding further charges.

Find out if he has a Parole/Probation Officer ... if so talk to them. They have a legal duty to proterct both the public and you.

Hope these suggestions help.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:32 AM   #5
(male)

kdes HB User

Ha man. I just want to say that i feel your pain. I was beat up in school by a gang of five guys whom i saw regularly at school. I fely scared and lonely and continuoesly frightened. I understand where you are coming from. Let me share something with you buddy.... dont take it bro. Stand up for yourself. Ive learnt one thing: the only way you can overcome someone is to face them and rid yoursewlf of fear of them. Its hard but its the only way to get on with your life. If he hurts you again he will suffer big time... you know this. Take your power back, you have let him have it for too long, its yours. Be brave, be confident and dont take ****.

Old 03-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #6
(male)

VE VET HB User

Kaity:

Although ex-military, I am a prior cop. Since getting out long ago, I've been involved with many social programs to help my community, one of those as a full-time volunteer assistant military class instructor at my son's high school.

Working with the school's security, there's only so much they can do for you with an entire schoolfull of kids to watch over. And, as I said in another post here at this website, don't become your own victim. The other student has already gripped you with fear. That is your enemy, not the other kid.

Empower yourself, Kaity. Face your fears by becoming strong inside. I know this works. I've had to face many, many different terrible and scary events in my life. I got through them all by becoming strong inside.

Also, remember that the school does have some degree of responsibility to insure your safety. Don't go overboard; use this avenue wisely! Use it to your advantage but only if a definate threat exists. If the other kid is leaving you alone and it's your fear of this kid that has you on edge, then face your fear and become strong. This is so hard to do, even for full grown adults, but it's something that we must all do at some point in our life. Seek out an avenue, as described, through the YWCA/YMCA, take a basic course of self-defense lessons and learn self-empowerment! Don't be a victim but certainly don't be your own victim.

The best of luck to you!

VE VET

Closed Thread