It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 01:42 AM   #1
(female)

tormenta HB User
Is this PTSD. What to do?

Hi all, I'm new on this board. I have always been the responsible one in my family. I have addisons disease (no biggie) BUT I have had a history of bad things happening to me. (Dad being made redundant, both parents with cancer, sister nearly dying from appendicitis etc.) I have always felt that I should be the strong one in the family. I have taken everything from everyone else, and now I feel odd. I was put in hospital with pneumonia and the lady next to me died from it. That gave me my first panic attack. Since then I have wound myself into such a state (fear of dying) etc. Now I either physically feel so sore that I can hardly breathe or I feel numb with a dull fog in my head. I want to feel like my old self. I have been put on Zyprexa to "balance out the chemicals in the brain" but i feel so bad that I'm SURE I can't get better. I want to get better. But what do I do. I'm seeing a therapist, but he doesn't help me with the overstimulted muscles and soreness. (REALLY BAD PAIN - Like, IF I DON"T THINK ABOUT BREATHING I WONT>) Has anyone ever felt like this or had Zyprexa before? DO I have PTSD

Old 02-25-2005, 02:26 AM   #2
(male)

terrya1750 HB User
Arrow Re: Is this PTSD. What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormenta
Hi all, I'm new on this board. I have always been the responsible one in my family. I have addisons disease (no biggie) BUT I have had a history of bad things happening to me. (Dad being made redundant, both parents with cancer, sister nearly dying from appendicitis etc.) I have always felt that I should be the strong one in the family. I have taken everything from everyone else, and now I feel odd. I was put in hospital with pneumonia and the lady next to me died from it. That gave me my first panic attack. Since then I have wound myself into such a state (fear of dying) etc. Now I either physically feel so sore that I can hardly breathe or I feel numb with a dull fog in my head. I want to feel like my old self. I have been put on Zyprexa to "balance out the chemicals in the brain" but i feel so bad that I'm SURE I can't get better. I want to get better. But what do I do. I'm seeing a therapist, but he doesn't help me with the overstimulted muscles and soreness. (REALLY BAD PAIN - Like, IF I DON"T THINK ABOUT BREATHING I WONT>) Has anyone ever felt like this or had Zyprexa before? DO I have PTSD
I'm not a therapist, but I am a Viet Nam Combat Vet with PTSD.

What you discribe sounds more like a panic disorder than PTSD ... Suggest that you consult with a pro who deals with PTSD for an evaluation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Bob A HB User
Re: Is this PTSD. What to do?

I have PTSD and I am also taking Zyprexa to help me sleep. I take Hydroxyzine (Atarax) to calm me down and fight withdrawels. I am also on Xanax and Lexapro for depression. I take Neurontin for pain and nerves.

Closed Thread