HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/)
-   -   Please Help Is This Ptsd (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/256862-please-help-ptsd.html)

agk1999 02-25-2005 05:51 PM

Please Help Is This Ptsd

I Am A Married Happy Married Man With 3 Beautiful Children, My Family Is The World To Me, They At This Point Are The Only Thing That Is Keeping Me From Going Crazy. But I Have Flashbacks Of My Childhood, A Childhood Were I Have Be Subjected To Things A Child Shouldnt Be. My Parents Were Swingers And Had A Wild Life Style, I Was Never Phycially Abused But Mentally Yes I Saw My Mother In Ways I Should Have Drugs Were Involved Among Other Things,

I Seem Not To Be Able To Stop The Thoughts In My Head I Have Confronted Them About What I Have Seen And Heard, They Were Sorry But Thats Not Enough For Me, I Dont Know What To Do. Im On Med And See A Doctor But Nothing Is Working Please Does Anyone Have Input On How To Deal With This.

I Dont Want It To Interfere With My Marrage. I Trust My Wife With My Heart But Because Of The Past I Always Think She Is Going To Leave Me Or Maybe She Is Cheating On Me, I Know It Not True But Thats What In My Head.

Thanks For Reading

Bob A 02-26-2005 01:14 PM

Re: Please Help Is This Ptsd

It does not sound like PTSD.

The mind can be a powerful asset, but when your thinking becomes non-resourceful, you need to change it. Whether you are compulsive in cleaning, hoarding, checking, counting or obsessed with religion, sex, people or any other subject, it begins with your thoughts and emotions. Your mind will continue doing what it knows how to do, until the pattern is broken and a new one established.

The Designed Thinking approach utilizes the resources you already have with in you to stop the flow of unwanted information. Change your beliefs, rework unresourceful strategies and release unresolved emotions.

It has been said; "Either you've found something that works , or you continue to not get what you want." If you've found yourself frustrated because you don't understand how or why you're thoughts are stuck where they are at, you might even have become skeptical in how you can overcome these repetitive cycles.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't change your thoughts. You can.

VE VET 03-30-2005 08:39 PM

Re: Please Help Is This Ptsd

I'm not a doctor, take that to heart, but what Bob has to say sure does sound on the mark. Also, I don't think your anywhere close to having PTSD. Not by a mile. You experienced something that has influenced your thoughts to an unhealthy degree, you so much as admit that, and therefore, you need to seek out the advise of someone trained to get to the root of your issues and problems and to help you deal with them in an appropriate manner. I do so wish you the best of luck.

VE VET