It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 08:50 AM   #1

Pandakaity5 HB User
Talking Good Progress!!

Hello!
I have some news, and some advice for people who have PTSD. Well, first off the good news is that the little thing with the kid's mother just got thrown out basically, and nothing is going to happen! Also, I am now at the point where I can see the student from the distance, and not have a panic attack, I get panicked, but not as much as I used to! I also have some advice.

First off, I was getting to a point where I really wanted to be seperate from everyone, and didn't want anything to do with anyone, and I didn't want to do anything. My friends were all doing the play, Beauty and the Beast at our school. They talked me into doing it with them. Our school has the best productions around, and so from January, February, and March your life revolves around it if you are in it. I didn't like it at first, but then I got used to it. It helped me not think of the what ifs, and what was going to happen the next day, because I was way too busy. So my advice is if you are starting to get into the state of not wanting to do anything with anyone, and there is something that is open to you, is go for it. Because now, my life is definitely getting back on track, and even though I still have to deal with the kid being there sometimes, and freaking out, I know that there is still hope. I am not saying that your problems will go away, its that it helps you cope with them a little more. Or, it did in my case. And now I am getting better, and a spoon in one of the best plays around! I hope that you are all doing well, and able to work on enjoying your lives. Because every minute counts that you get back of your life, and away from whatever the cause of your PTSD is.
Love,
Kaity

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
(female)

Porcelain_doll HB User
Re: Good Progress!!

Thanks Kaity! It's nice to hear about your success. I've been hiding under a rock for a while now LOL. After a while it gets pretty dark and lonely. You mentioned "coping." That sure sounds better than "avoiding." I think I can cope with the world just a bit. I'm not about to put myself on stage mind you lol, but at least I can show up for class!

You're inspiring. Keep Shining!

Old 03-19-2005, 08:18 AM   #3

Pandakaity5 HB User

Thanks so much! Its just that all of the people on the board have helped me get this far, and have given me wonderful advice too! In the beginning, it took all I had to get up for school every day. Now I can do many more things. It just takes time. I hope that you have the best of luck with overcoming this, and getting your life back, because every second counts.

Love,
Kaity

Old 03-31-2005, 02:02 AM   #4
(male)

VE VET HB User

.....getting your life back, because every second counts.

Love,
Kaity[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!

VE VET

Closed Thread