It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
(male)

blueripper HB User
new here

hello, its my first time here,just alittle about me i have ptsd( for 20 years) depression i dont sleep well, its mostly due to the time i spent in the marines, my life has been and still is very hard, almost a day to day thing. thanks for allowing me to post

Old 04-06-2005, 12:06 AM   #2
(male)

VE VET HB User
Re: new here

Blue:

Hey Jarhead, and I say that with a brother veteran's respect, I hope you are able to keep your life in check despite some of the problems you have to deal with. I know PTSD is a tough row to hoe, especially for military veterans. I have to deal with it, too.

I'm a Vietnam Era Air Force Security Police vet - that's right, an Airdale - and a mighty proud one at that. I'm 100% disabled since 1978 when I got out. I do a lot of veteran's assistance (advocacy) from outside the VA via veteran National Service Organizations like DAV, American Legion, and through grass roots veteran organizations, too.

If you don't mind me asking brother, what brought on your PTSD? What kind of issues are you dealing with? Have you enrolled in your local VA clinic PTSD Outreach program? If so, how long have you been involved and what's your progress status? How is your family handling your bouts with PTSD? Is your PTSD also effecting your physical health through substance abuse, physical health neglect (not eating right, not exercising, etc)? Are you caught up in activity that might increase your stress level and your ability to manage it or with it (job, compounding disabilities, child custody battles, etc)? Do you have a VA disability rating? If so, is your PTSD a part of that rating? If not, we've got to work on getting you in the system; a long & maddening process but not impossible.

You're a brother veteran - I'm already in your corner. If I can be of any help to you here at this website in any way, shape or form, speak up. No matter what service branch of the DoD you were a part of, no matter what MOS you had, you and I are a part of a brother/sisterhood of military vets that's a few million strong. We gotta help each other, one-on-one at ground zero if need be, and who better to help a vet than a fellow vet?

Take care, bro. Let's hear back from you soon.

VE VET

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
(male)

blueripper HB User
Re: new here

yes ive been through all the channels in the military, i have no satification from them, they cant help, ive been to civi doctors and they dont seem to understand. ive been this way since the late 70's and im no better, i have a extreme guilt thing going plus bad attitude and i dont like to get close to anyone. but still im able to function. thanks for your response

Closed Thread