It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 08:57 AM   #1
(female)

deer66 HB User
Unhappy I feel like I am going crazy

I am a mother of three children and just got out of an abusive relationship after 20 years. every where i turn now i am realizing that i kept my self there because i dont feel worthy. both my parents were drunks.I left home at 13.In my head I know that I am a good person, i have a lot of great qualities. But my heart does not feel the same way and i find that i am keeping my self surrounded by losers that seem to suck the life out of me. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any ideas or just to talk to some one that is actually trying

Old 04-30-2005, 06:59 AM   #2
(female)

bjm32 HB User
Re: I feel like I am going crazy

Ya know right now, I feel like I am going crazy too. I know that I have alot of good qualities but right now I am being "hijacked" by my depression and my feelings, which include a lack of hope for recovery. I was told once that our feelings are not facts . I try to remind myself of that. I hope that helps a bit..~Bunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2005, 04:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: I feel like I am going crazy

Ladies, there is hope! Believe in urself, and try therapy, it will help u find urself again. It will take alot of work of course, and it took time for u to inherit all of this, so it will take time for u to disinherit these thoughts. U must try to get ur mind back on a positive thinking program. Even if u fall off of it, keep doing it everyday. Do not criticize urself, there's no need for this. U have taken enough abuse, so do not abuse urselves. I have PTSD from a car accident, and also my brothers recent death did not help any. I was raped when I was much much younger, so I know how all of u feel. Also it's been ayear not that I got out of an abusive relationship, and believe me, sometimes I feel like he's still breathing down my neck. But keep reminding urself that they are gone now and u r free. Try Tai Chi or some yoga with therapy. Anyways, stay in touch, let me know how all of u r doing.

Closed Thread