It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2005, 07:11 AM   #1
(female)

cursedkidney1 HB User
medical injury

Hello,

I am completely new to this. I have PTSD too, but mine is from a surgery that I had done for a very common problem that went horribly wrong. This happened in March of 03.
I was given this diagnosis just a few months ago. I think I got it because I hate doctors and my primary care doc knows it.
She wants me to go for counseling- but how do you go for counseling when every last one of them looks like the enemy? They all want to know about the gory details of something that only happens to one in a hundred million patients. It only serves to make me feel more isolated- like a freak. I hate that feeling of being on display.
I just wondered if there were any more out there like me? Love to hear from anyone with some experience .. thanks much

Old 04-21-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
(female)

cursedkidney1 HB User
Re: medical injury

no, it doesnt work that way because the AMA and FDA all know that it CAN happen therefore it is a 'rare but known complication' Lawyers want no part of it at all. Which is ok, I guess I have to live with that- but it is in dealing with the medical community that I run into my brick wall.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
(female)

jopunk HB User

Cursedkidney1,
Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone... I have been living
w/nerve pain in the right buttock and leg pain now for 5 years and still fighting to figure out what happened to me. I awoke from a hysterectormy w/total pain, like I had been hit by a truck in my bottom. The surgery from the hysterectomy was nothing compared to this. No one seems to know what the heck happend and now I am doing research on how to either take care of this pain, or figure out even where it is coming from . It seems that they dropped me or something, since i also woke with a terrible bursted like sunburst on my right top of my leg (thigh area) too. I have been patient, but the not knowing and the not trusting doctors too is getting to me... I am contacting a therapist this Monday for therapy, along w/physical therapy. I am sorry this has happened to you. I do know exactly how you feel. So many bad things happen, and you wonder why... and why you....... Please trust that maybe things will get better and know that there are other people going through such terrible things too, that they did not expect...... best wishes to you

Last edited by jopunk; 06-25-2005 at 02:01 PM. Reason: wanting this to go to cursedkidney1

Old 06-27-2005, 07:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

jopunk,just curious, did you request your medical records from the hospital where you had the surgery done?Do you have a copy of your op notes from that surgery?You never know, these documents could contain some rather interesting info on just what took place during your surgery.Believe me, if you were dropped, it would definitely state it in the notes.No dr could possibly cover that up.It does sound like you very well could have nerve damage just from the procedure alone.This is an inherent risk that comes along with any sort of surgery.Unfortunetly, most surgeons wont tell you this before the surgery.i am in the same boat but with extensive damage to my spinal cord.Somehow, my 'team' of surgeons managed to damage areas up there that were no where near the actual surgical field.Have you considered seeing a good pain management doc?I never had any real help with any of my horrid pain syndromes until I started seeing mine.now, i wouldn't trade him for the world.I hope you find relief soon.Good luck,marcia

Closed Thread