It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #1

Pandakaity5 HB User
Have any of you?

Hello,
Well, I haven't been on in a while, because I have been busy. But it seems that right now everything is going downhill again. I am very emotional, and am now seeing the cause of my ptsd 4 times a day, which triggers panic attacks every time. I was doing so well, and then my progress started going way down. I can't even eat lunch anymore at school, without getting sick. I can't eat breakfast either, and I don't eat much of dinner. I am starting to worry myself, but I don't know what to do. Does anyone else feel lke they are getting worse?

Thanks for reading this,
Kaity

Old 05-03-2005, 05:27 AM   #2
(female)

bjm32 HB User
Re: Have any of you?

Yes, I am going down that same road right now. I'm not sure why but it feels like I'm starting over. Two years ago things got really bad and I'm starting to feel that same way again..It's so frustrating!! I hate myself right now, I'm depressed all the time and my flashbacks are back. I am having suicidal thoughts.. Geez, this doesn't really help you, I'm sorry, just wanted you to know you're not alone! ~Bunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
(male)

charlodius HB User

BJM please please please get professional help if you are having suicidal thoughts. This is not something to be played off.

Cognitive behavior therapy saved my life. It's a short term type of psychotherapy that lets you get a handle on the swirling, and mostly irrational thoughts in your head. You won't be in therapy on a couch for years talking about your childhood. You address the here and now symptoms, and you learn the tools to manage on your own.

Last edited by charlodius; 04-04-2006 at 08:36 AM.

Old 05-05-2005, 07:00 AM   #4
(female)

bjm32 HB User

Charlodius, thanks for your advise. I had been going to therapy for 2yrs. I learned all the cognitive behavioral techniques, coping skills, etc. Nothing works for me. You basically described me right now. I feel like I am dead inside and just walking around, going through the motions. Thanks again.. ~Bunny

Old 05-07-2005, 05:59 AM   #5

Pandakaity5 HB User

Thanks to both of you. Well, me and this kid go back a long way. In 3rd grade we were the only ones that could work together because the teacher told me that he was a difficult kid and could only work with me. The thing that doesn't give me panic attacks when I see him, is being with someone that I trust. So I decided, if his mom agrees to this, then I would like to have a meeting with him and my assistant principal who I would trust with my life. Do you think that this is a good idea? I can't live 30 more days of school with not eating and being depressed the whole time.

Thanks a lot!

<33 Kaity

Old 05-09-2005, 09:03 AM   #6
(male)

charlodius HB User

BJM I had to work my way through 3 different therapists before I found one that worked for me. And it's not like I have forgotten everything that happened---Sometimes it comes back, especially under stressful situations. Dont give up !

Closed Thread