It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2005, 06:15 PM   #1

Pandakaity5 HB User
Talking Miracle

Well, after 4 1/2 years of panic attacks, they have finally calmed down. Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? I was doing TERRIBLE for weeks, everything was going downhill more and more, and finally, one day my mom and I had a very emotional talk, and decided that something had to be done about this because I couldn't keep living like this. So I remembered everything that my counselor said to me, and that Monday (a week ago) I applied it in school. It didn't work all the way, but it was close. So I tried it again Tuesday, and I walked by the kid who hurt me for the first time in 4 1/2 years without having a panic attack, I got a little tense still, but I made it through. Now my friends, family, and adults at school say that I am a totally different person. It was so weird though, I woke up Tuesday knowing that something wonderful was gonna happen, and I was right. It's a week later, and I decided that I want a meeting with the attacker from 5th grade, do you guys think that it is a good idea. The thing was, we were sort of close before the day. I was the only one that could work with him in school without him flipping out on. So I was just wondering about your input! I hope that you all get through all the hardships, because yes, I still have it, and yes, I still get everything else from it still (flashbacks, nightmares etc.) but when I ever walked by him without freaking out, it was the best feeling that I have ever had! Good luck to you!
God Bless,
Kaity

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 05:53 AM   #2
(female)

bjm32 HB User
Re: Miracle

Wow! That's great! I'm so happy for you. You being able to walk near him and not have a panic attack shows such strength and you have gained some power back! I'm not sure about meeting with him, I think that you know what you can and cannot handle. It is so inspiring to me that you have gotten to this place. I hope that you are still doing good and hope that whatever happens helps you more. ~Bunny

Old 07-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #3

Pandakaity5 HB User
Re: Miracle

Thank you so much! He didn't want a meeting, his mom thinks that I will go after him. I hope that you are all doing well! I know that I am doing so much better, I have been eating more, and acting more normal! I wish luck to all of you!

<33 always,
Kaity

Closed Thread