It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

bjm32 HB User
Unhappy This just won't stop..

I had another memory and this one was disgusting and made me throw up. Is it possible that I'm making these things up in my mind?? I feel like I have amnesia or something. I just keep telling myself, that didn't happen, it couldn't have happened, but yet I feel the pain, shame, and remember in such vivid detail. I wish this would stop. I can't go on like this..~Bunny

Old 05-26-2005, 11:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

woodfaery HB User
Re: This just won't stop..

Hon, you should make an appointment to see your family doctor. You could benefit from getting a check up. Also, you may be referred to a good psychologist or therapist. Have you seen your doc lately? Consider making an appointment and share your thoughts with a doctor. Hope you are doing ok, and I wish you the very best.
wf

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #3
(female)

aullori HB User

Hi Bunny,

I read thru your other post - and it sounds like pretty typical PTSD to me. (As a suvivor of it myself.) Just a suggestion but you may want to seek out group sessions. When I was nineteen I joined a PTSD group ran by a therapist (it had sixteen ladies in it including myself.) It was pretty benefical to talk with women who had experinced the same things - we were suffering from the same symptoms etc.. It was nice to know it was not just me (or some other problem.) I'm not in my late thirties and I'm doing great and much of the behavior I exibited is gone. The real firm healing happened almost five years after I finished therepy - but the group did cause all the flashbacks to emerge and helped me to accept them as truely happening. Your not making this stuff up - and it really happened. And that's okay - you were hurt but you weren't (and aren't) broken. I'm going to wish you luck - going through this is very very painful. But it really is worth it - longterm getting help was without a doubt the most loving act for myself that I had ever done. Your in my prayers.

Lori

Old 05-27-2005, 07:51 PM   #4
(female)

bjm32 HB User

thank you for your responses.. I called my therapist's office today to see if I could get my appt moved up, but they weren't there, I left a msg..Still not sure if that was a good idea.. Had a breakdown tonight and wanted desperately to tell my husband what I had remembered but I couldn't.. I'm afraid he'll never look at me the same way or want to have sex with me ever again. I got through today, it was my daughter's birthday and now I just have to get through tomorrow, my husband's birthday. Thanks for the kind words.Bunny

Closed Thread