It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
(male)

JohnJay222 HB User
There is a cure

There is a cure. His name is Jesus.

Get to know Him and I promise you all will find peace.

I suffered from PTSD at the age of 15 when I walked into my friends garage to find my friend's dad hanging by an extention cord. He commited suicide.

For years it wouldnt leave my mind. id have nightmares and depression non-stop.

UNTIL, I found the Truth to happiness....Trust me, doctors and books can only delay the feelings.....But Jesus can cure...

I pray for you all

John

Old 06-14-2005, 09:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User
Re: There is a cure

You're right. I never would have found my way out of the horribly depressed, suicidal state I was in if it wasn't for the Lord. Life still has it's ups and downs, but it's good now. The day I gave my life to Him was the day I started getting better.

Last edited by microwave; 06-14-2005 at 09:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2005, 08:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Thank You!

Old 07-17-2005, 01:50 PM   #4
(male)

survivin HB User

i have struggled with this horrible disease now for about 5 years. i grew up in the church. penticostal,assemby of god,4 square. when i got this disease i really thought jesus would help me get through this. i had no doubt in my head. i knew i would be walking tall again. but after tremendous heartache and pain. unable to work due to the dibilitating disease. lost the home, and most everything in it, the cars. i ended up moving my family of 4 into a tent. turned away by family and friends. although once being an Army Officer. the government turned thier back. have been attacked by every angle imaginable and taken advantage of our position. over the first 3-4 years ,i held strong. that i was truly a child of the king. as a former Army flight medic and civilian paramedic i had struggled with what i had experienced. i have held dead young children in my arms and have transported body parts in my pockets along with heartbreaking stories that can go on for a couple days. i still sought after and relied in jesus. however as i look back and see where ive been and what has happend. where im at now. i can honestly say that jesus did not help me. after hours and hours of prayer,reading and so on. i have successfully accomplished nothing.i know that he is there. but for whatever reason. he does not want to help me. i dont mean to cause bad feelings and i dont want to fight. only to say what has happend. i write this with a very heavy heart. i am happy that you have had some relief. this is a horrible horrible disease. but i have searched and did every thing imaginable to live. but have only found mild relief from medications. i have just recently started reading up on buddah. i guess i figure if jesus dosnt want anything to do with me. i will look elsewhere for acceptance.

Last edited by survivin; 07-17-2005 at 01:55 PM.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:46 AM   #5
(male)

smc612 HB User

AMEN!!! as difficult as this disease is, without the Lord carrying me most of the time i would not be here today. thanks for sharing.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

woodfaery HB User

Well I am not a religious person at all. I do however believe in God. The way I look at it, its not Gods fault, and at the same time anxiety is just a terrible disease that some people can work with, other times its debilitating and I can see how some people could want to blame Jesus, etc, or God. At the same time, I look at it this way....I have to do the work, and some days are easier than others.
Yes I am at peace within myself, and therefore part of God....just like everyone else. Thats the way I see it. We could go into the religious aspect....again, I am not religious. Thats wonderful JohnJay222 that things are looking up for you. Positive thoughts and attitude can make a world of difference I agree.
My best to all of you here.
WF

Old 02-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #7
(female)

13blackcats HB User
Thumbs up Re: There is a cure

Thank you.

I'm a born again Christian, and there have been some times in my life where I know that I should not have even survived. But my life was always spared, and I never could figure out why because I was so miserable, grew up in an abusive home.

I found the Lord when I was 18, and for the first time ever I'd actually felt safe and secure. The way my life was at the time, I wasn't even sure whether I'd make it to the next year because I was so miserable.

It's a long road trying to heal over all of what was done to me, and my parents never went to jail or were punished or anything. They're both really respected in my neighborhood, so no one would have believed me. But it gives me so much peace to know that the Lord knows what really went on in my house growing up.

The verse that gives me more hope than any others: Luke 23:42-43----today you will join me in paradise.

God Bless you!

Closed Thread