It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 04:41 PM   #1
(female)

rir89 HB User
Question PTSD??? Please help

Hi, I'm only 15 but I just started prozac for OCD and anxiety. I was wondering if these problems may be the result of PTSD. Here's my background..

When I was 12, my uncle killed himself. It was a complete shock and the whole family was devastated. My dad took it extremely hard and was on antidepressants for a year. Since then, I have had increasing paranoia about deaths in the family and illnesses. Also, my mom had a hysterectomy that went extremely wrong and she is left with permanent nerve damage causing her to be in severe pain all day. She takes a number of muscle relaxers just to get through the day.

Lately, I have been pretty depressed with extreme intrusive and repetitive thoughts. I've had panic attacks and depersonalization among other things. My pyschiatrist says these problems usually show up about 2 years after the traumatic incident and so I'm wondering if that is what caused them

Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread