It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
(male)

survivin HB User
going homeless again

well, after the long drawn out workers comp battle that left us with next to nothing(due to the california workers comp laws, they really dont consider ptsd a real injury ). i find myself collecting social security checks that will barely cover rent. but that really doesnt matter because the house i am renting is being sold by the owner. have to be out by the 23rd. so its back out to the streets. 3rd time now. i really dont know why my wife continues to stick by me. she is also taking care of my disabled mother as well. i was able to buy a motorhome with my settlement money.so i will probably head for the hills and stay up there for a while. my 3 brothers felt it was time to tell me i need to get off my butt and go to work, and stop doing this for attention. i hope i never see them again. sorry for the venting. its just this disease has destroyed me and my family. and all i can do is let it. i kind of evy those people that died in my ambulance & medevac chopper. they dont have to put up with this anymore

Old 08-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

woodfaery HB User
Re: going homeless again

Wow, am so sad and so sorry you are going through such terrible times right now. You are in my thoughts.
WF

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 05:14 AM   #3
(male)

smc612 HB User

survivin, i also have ptsd brougth on by my daughter's death. have never been homeless and don't know how because my husband has been doing the comp thing in pa for 27 months without a dime. your wife is still there because she loves you. we also have several family members including my mother and my husbands 5 brothers that couldn't care less what's up here. they don't care about my husbands mental or physical health or our financial situation. we are starting to weed through the undesirables so that when my husbands settlement comes through we will always remember who they are. prayers are with you. be well and try , i know sometimes you see no reason, but try to be positive and believe that things will work out for you. good luck.

Old 08-13-2005, 08:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivin
well, after the long drawn out workers comp battle that left us with next to nothing(due to the california workers comp laws, they really dont consider ptsd a real injury ). i find myself collecting social security checks that will barely cover rent. but that really doesnt matter because the house i am renting is being sold by the owner. have to be out by the 23rd. so its back out to the streets. 3rd time now. i really dont know why my wife continues to stick by me. she is also taking care of my disabled mother as well. i was able to buy a motorhome with my settlement money.so i will probably head for the hills and stay up there for a while. my 3 brothers felt it was time to tell me i need to get off my butt and go to work, and stop doing this for attention. i hope i never see them again. sorry for the venting. its just this disease has destroyed me and my family. and all i can do is let it. i kind of evy those people that died in my ambulance & medevac chopper. they dont have to put up with this anymore
Oh God! If you were here I would help you, really I would. I know how it is with PTSD. I can barely make it myself these days.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
(male)

survivin HB User

thanks so much for the replies. sorry for not responding sooner. been moving stuff into storage. some times it just feels like no one cares...um actually most of the time LOL. anyway. i felt it down deep when i read your posts. well, im headin for the hills tomorrow. thank you

Closed Thread