It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2005, 09:46 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
I Am Flying Soon!!!!!!!!!!

Thought I'd post here. Have PTSD from a car accident involving only myself and my brother's sudden death. I am flying soon, going on a vacation to visit friends in Germany and then Jordan. I am so scared! Lately there have been a few plane accidents too that have put me on edge. Now my accident was involving my car and another car, he hit me head on. My emotional condition was ignored to take care of my physical conditions. Last year, the PTSD really came out driving home from cleaning out my brothers apt. after his death and I began to have flashbacks of the car accident. I thought every single car was going to hit me. I wasn't driving, my ex fiance was, but he was driving so fast, well it seemed as though he was. I freaked out. I was pale, heart beating slowly, felt cold, my skin felt so weird, I kept thinking the cars were all going to hit me. I couldn't eat which made things worse, low blood sugar, duh! Anyways, I seem to have all transportation mixed up in this condition. Even after the accident I wouldn't drive far an dwould have panic attacks in the car. I wouldn't go see friends here, I wouldn't travel on a train or bus, etc. Now I am gettng on a plane, sometime afterwards and ready to pop my xanax. I also take Prozac, 20mg. daily. Can anyone else relate? I know there's some fear flyers out there, but I use to fly with no problem. Any suggestions on how to stay calm. I will be on one plane for 7.5 hours and the other for 4 hours. Please help!

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
(male)

smc612 HB User
Re: I Am Flying Soon!!!!!!!!!!

hi andrea, i feel for you. i would definitely take something before getting on that plane.
my prayers will be with you. i guess this is what they call getting back on the horse? i wonder if whoever made that up knows how scary and real these things are for us.when are you leaving?
angel

Old 08-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: I Am Flying Soon!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel54
hi andrea, i feel for you. i would definitely take something before getting on that plane.
my prayers will be with you. i guess this is what they call getting back on the horse? i wonder if whoever made that up knows how scary and real these things are for us.when are you leaving?
angel
I am leaving monday 8/22 at night. I plan on taking xanax. Thanks for the prayers

Closed Thread