It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

chrisboli HB User
question

i was sexually abused as a child. now, everytime I climax, I cry. I dont necessairly think abt the persons who did that to me as a child...is this a result of what happened? Or, is it normal? Thank you!

Old 08-29-2005, 07:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SandraM HB User
Re: question

More then likely. Its surprising how deep the trauma is. Have you tried going for therapy?

Sandra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 08:21 AM   #3
(female)

chrisboli HB User

I am on meds, therapy is unfortunately too expensive. I am saving for it. I also startle very easily. I also have nightmares alot, also. And they usually are not pertaining to the incident. Thanks for your concern!

Old 08-30-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SandraM HB User

The mind is very complex, so this might be coming out in different ways. Are you in US?

Old 08-30-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
(female)

chrisboli HB User

Yes, I am in the US. I am in TN.

You?

Old 08-30-2005, 01:48 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

SandraM HB User

I am in Canada. But waiting to see Drs. here is unreal. Canada is in the midst of privatizing the medical care. I can see this being a huge problem. People here can't afford to pay for this. And I bet they won't be adjusting our income taxes either, since we do pay for our medical care in our taxes. Personally I can see a lot of bankrupts if this happens. Right now in Canada, there are about 3.5 million people without a Dr. Damn Gov is nothing but a bunch of crooks if you ask me.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:25 PM   #7
(female)

Poo2 HB User

Hi Chris,

I sometimes cry when I orgasm too. I was not abused as a child. I think that your body is going through so many emotions while having sex that I don't think it really doesn't know how to act.

I have heard of other people crying too.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:11 AM   #8
(female)

onelkywmn HB User

i too have ptsd and i have done alot of personal research. i can say that our mind and body have internal triggers. like muscle memory and our brain opperates in the same way but much more complex. a basic thought for u 2 ponder - muscle memory works like this: if we are being raped and have no desire for anything to happen, our bodies still react as it does if we were getting intimate with our boyfriends. does that make sense? like u say about a climax, if u were young and u never had sex before, u probably knew it was wrong but physically it felt good, or the person that invaded u cried afterwards, either way thats why. the thing to do is look for these triggers and put other thoughts with them. it means staying alert and aloud stating how you want to feel and in your mind thinking the same. not after the tears start but before when the whole experience starts. the climax is the end when the tears start. get ahead of the triggers, the start of the intimate moment. make sense?

Old 11-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #9
(female)

poetprose HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraM
I am in Canada. But waiting to see Drs. here is unreal. Canada is in the midst of privatizing the medical care. I can see this being a huge problem. People here can't afford to pay for this. And I bet they won't be adjusting our income taxes either, since we do pay for our medical care in our taxes. Personally I can see a lot of bankrupts if this happens. Right now in Canada, there are about 3.5 million people without a Dr. Damn Gov is nothing but a bunch of crooks if you ask me.
Hi I'm in Ontario and if you have to go to ER , be prepared to wait for hours and hours

I just reccently had to go to ER they took 2 x rays and 3 blood cultures I was there a total of 4 and a half hours on a Sunday....

Old 01-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

I was sexually abused at work. I found it very hard to be in intimate relationship with my husband. Every time he touches me I remembered that scum did it to me.
So called shrinks only make me feel worse, may be it was a wrong choice. It was nothing but shouting, insulting and critisism, that kind ot stuff I don't need even for free. You are lucky if you can talk with a good friend.

Closed Thread