It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
(female)

Meg1968 HB User
Post Traumatic Stress In Children

My 5 year old was diagnosed with PTSD in Oct 2004. (As was I). At first noone believed me that he was not well as he presented quite ok to others apart from a new stutter, but as the months went on and his behaviour became more and more difficult and his stuttter got worse and he developed a tic in his eye, people started listening. Better late than never. However, Its now a year since diagnosis and although there has been improvements he still does not seem to be fully over it. Any stress and the blink starts, occassionally the stutter, he still has the worse night terrors I have ever seen and is still at times a stressed out little boy. (he was 3 3/4 at the time of the accident and 4 1/4 at diagnosis. He is now 5 1/4.) He starts school next year. My concerns are lack of sleep due to nightmares and terrors and how the new stressess will affect him. Its hard to now to blame everything on the pTSD as I do not know whether for example: his new imaginary friend that started today is normal or not. Held his imaginary friends hand in the shopping centre and put a seat belt on him in the car.
Anyideas

M

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Post Traumatic Anxiety Stress Disorder lonelymum Anxiety 3 07-02-2008 08:10 AM
Added to Lisa MP's post flexybendy Ear, Nose & Throat 0 01-01-2008 07:36 PM
can post traumatic stress cause physcosis ?? logical Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) 4 04-13-2007 12:29 PM
PTSD or post par depression? any clue? Swalk Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) 9 05-20-2004 11:19 AM
Anyone have any good stress meditations for Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome? ainfante Panic Disorders 1 05-01-2004 12:23 PM