It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2005, 03:43 AM   #1
(female)

springflowers HB User
Angry ok...i have ptsd, its untreated now, &I have serious nightmares please help..

Does anyone else with ptsd have serious nightmares even being a adult? I turn 24 tommorow, and feel like a kid with this problem. I used to be able to handle horror movies and all kinds of stuff, but since I saw dawn of the dead, I have been reliving it in my nightmares, and cant stop. Anyone out there know what can be causing this, and be able to help? I sometimes sleep with my window open, and when I wake up I get so scared I cant even close it. I also have nightmares about my dad at this point, (Iwas told he was part of the reason for this disorder that I had), and child hood abuse. Is there any way to remidy this, should I get on meds again? what meds help? what kind of therapy helps? thank you for letting me post and get this off my chest, and please, dont think im weird...just being honest i guess.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:07 AM   #2
(male)

swash HB User
Re: ok...i have ptsd, its untreated now, &I have serious nightmares please help..

I have constant nightmares about my body being dragged down the freeway ripped in half by a semi truck,always getting hit.also I have terrible,terrible nightmares about Im always being shot at and chased by (im not racist at all) african american people with guns,I hate being shot at its so horrible Im so weak when I drive down the freeway or road and a semi is near me .Its like when you were a kid and a giant dog was running at you full blast with his teeth growling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2005, 08:23 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

barkingshark HB User
Re: ok...i have ptsd, its untreated now, &I have serious nightmares please help..

You need to see a psychiatrist right away.
He may give you a Dopamine Agonist to stop the dreams as too many dreams or florid dreams are caused by excess Dopamine, or he may have another way of controlling it altogether. You don't have to go through what you're experiencing right now if you just reach out for help it will be there for you. There are many different meds which can control the symptoms to where you can work and get back to normal.

Old 12-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #4
(male)

swash HB User

Thanks but Im allready on Depakote,resperdal,zoloft,restoral tazamanipan,valium yeah it sucks and the nightmares never ever stop. I just jumped off about a 300 foot roof onto the pool of blood that was supposed to be grass, I see the best psych in the U.S. The nightmares are just is always there thanks anyways Joe...

Old 01-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
(female)

lauriemc HB User

I had pretty bad nightmares. I was afraid to go to sleep. I used to try to stay awake all night to avoid them. That didn't work cause I would eventually fall asleep. My nightmares have gone away. I do not know why. They return periodically seemingly during stressful periods of my life.
Laurie

Closed Thread