It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
afraid to go to therapist

I tried therapists 2 times. I think I have post traumatic stress disorder. They only make me feel much worse by shouting and insulting and messing up things I didn't have problem with. One of them got killed by crazy client she let lived with her. I wonder if I should try again. I am afraid of being hurt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

barkingshark HB User
Re: afraid to go to therapist

Theres a big difference in a therapist and a psychiatrist.
Have you tried seeing a psychiatrist?
A psychiatrist is just as qualified to listen and counsel you as effectively as a therapist, the only real big difference is he is trained to detect emotional and mental illness and is licensed to prescribe and treat it, which is one thing a simple therapist (psychologist) is not qualified to do.

It may be of more benefit than a therapist

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Second person I tried was licenced as clinical psychiatrist and can prescribe drugs. I am happy that I didn't allow her to put me on drugs. Otherwise I'd be forced to come to her weekly as she wanted, to hear how she shops and tolerate her taking her bad moods on me.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:12 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

barkingshark HB User

If she was shouting at you thenyou should have asked for a refund of your money because that is not normal for a psychiatrist to do that. Don't give up on gettig help because of one bad experience.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

I was very happy to be able even to get rid of her. She called my home, work trying to get me back and it would be my word against hers, insurance not responsible for there providers.
A year after I broke up with her she got killed by crazy client she let stay with her in exchange for cleaning her house.

Closed Thread