It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #1
(male)

sunny maudlin HB User
Is this PTSD?

Hi,
Last summer I had something close to a nervous breakdown. I was on a medication for OCD that produced an adverse affect in me (it made the OCD much worse to the point where I was functioning at a basic level only), and the wean off the drug and start onto a new drug was terrible. During this time I was experiencing terrible obsessions, thoughts, feelings, etc. I later learned that I was also going through a depression.
My question is...is it possible to suffer PTSD after a depression/nervous breakdown? If so, how would I know I was suffering from it?
Thanks,
Sunny

Old 01-27-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
Re: Is this PTSD?

It is possible to suffer from Post traumatic stress or the disorder if what you have gone through has accompanied trauma. OCD in itself produces a great amount of anxiety, and anxiety can confuse people to have post traumatic stress. When having nervous breakdown, that alone can make u feel like you have post traumatic stress disorder. I would go into other areas in this forum, like general anxiety, etc. and post there, im sure you will find many feeling as you do. Since Post Traumatic Stress Disorder does bring on anxiety, a lot of these anxiety disorders have similar bases when it comes to anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread