It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
(male)

supermick HB User
some PTSD worse than others? more questions also...

i suffered a percieved life threatening incident and a series OF life threatening incidents after a drug spiking ordeal. My drink was spiked.
I was kept awake.
I have since had 2 years and 7 months of replicating exact conversations, remembering who did what to whom, panick attacks (which i didnt know what the hell they were), being passed on from one waiting list to another, having to explain my problem to a myriad of "professionals", difficulties in sleeping, difficulties in waking, problems in remembering anything short term, feeling tired all the time, having headaches and other physical symptoms which seem to be in keeping with what i am remembering.
I have had no contact with a mentle health care professional concerning PTSD and have recently been passed onto a more specific waiting list from "general" psychology.
My diagnosis with PTSD was performned in my front room by my doctor after i took several attempts to explain my symptoms. This was nearly 2 years ago. My questions are...

Is this time frame common?

Does anyone know any other PTSD sufferer who has been kept awake and therefore "recorded" hours of events?

were they ok?

what, if any treatments have worked for you? Ive read up on several and have been prescribed none. Do people have similar experiences regarding inadequate treatment?
It gets from bad to worse to bad to i dont really care anymore im just gonna put my stereo on and chill out.

On the bright side at least ive learned something new every day for the past 2 years 7 months.

anyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

StephanieAnne HB User
Re: some PTSD worse than others? more questions also...

I suffered PTSD from child hood sexual abuse. I never told anyone about it until I was in my 30's. I took care of me for all those years and could never rely on anyone, because of the abuse. If I had known to tell my parents and get therapy I would have done it, becuase therapy has totally changed my life. It took me 10 years off and on with the therapy to be the person I am today.

You need to find a CSW Certified Social Worker who specializes in PTSD, that is what I did and she performed this thing with her hand along with me concentrating and it was amazing what came out of me from that treatment.
Once you find a good CSW, she will lead you thru all the trauma and you will eventually put it all away to the point that you are in control, not the trauma.

I firmly believe that all the symptoms that you are having will dissipate with therapy. You take control of you, don't be scared, you already had a scary instance and now you can get it gone.

Closed Thread