It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Why I believe this forum works

This thread is strictly for the masses:

I believe this forum works because there is a therapeutic quality to it.

Envision, if you will, a group therapy session in which we are the clients ("patients" sounds too clinical) and the moderator is the "professional in charge of the group", making sure the rules of group are followed.

In this setting we bring our hopes, dreams and fears, trials and tribulations, pain and suffering to the table; in the hopes that we will not be judged or ridiculed by our fellow "group members."

The common bond of traumatic events of all different natures are brought to the forefront, in the hopes that light can be shed on our issues, which in a subconscious way is attributing to our own healing process (an answering to our "crying out", if you will). This in turn helps other realize that they are not alone and provides a feeling of "belonging."

It is not required for one to post a new thread or add to another in order to gain membership. There are some that cannot find the right words and others have trust and self esteem issues (believe me, I can relate) but sum up the courage and fortitude to view another's thread. This in turn hopefully brings a certain understanding or reasoning to the question "why me?" and helps a person find a modicum of comfort within one's self.

In realizing that we are not "diseased" but rather have a disorder, we naturally want to find its true nature and see if it can be rid of forever. The truth may stun some but I believe that acceptance is part of the recovery process.

This forum brings with it the realization that we all have a "key" inside of us that only we can turn. This allows us to either open or close that door inside of us at our own choosing. Whether we want to leave the door wide open or maybe "just a smidgen" is also our choosing.

We are more powerful than we give ourselves credit for and this forum is a testament to that.

To the creator of healthboards, I thank you. To moderators 1 and 2, I thank you. For the many who have come to this forum (whether sharing or not) and the many that will follow, I thank you. For the spiritual and non-spiritual, I thank you for it is our differences that makes us "individuals."

Last but by no means least;for the family members and loved ones who have been there for us (both living and deceased) and even those who haven't (who have led us here), I thank you.

Take care and God Bless. Love and Peace; for the masses only.

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-17-2006 at 09:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Why I believe this forum works

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthemasses
The truth may stun some but I believe that acceptance is part of the recovery process.

This forum brings with it the realization that we all have a "key" inside of us that only we can turn.
Forthemassesonly, I believe that when we start accepting our situations and stop being ashamed of them that this is a major step forward. Trying to hide our problems and deal with our shame I think is half of our distress. I am so glad that you are benfiting from these healthboards. I solved most of my deep problems years ago but I still get benefit from these boards. Besides enjoying helping others when and if I can, these forums help me to get my own thoughts in order and to prioritize my own life. It helps me to focus on what is important for myself and my family so that I can live life to the fullest. I hope you have a good day and I will see you around!

Old 11-17-2006, 05:30 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

though we have "talked" many times and I certainly hope to continue I cannor add to what you have said. To me you must be a wonderful, kind, giving, intellengent, gentle human being and I wish peace for you. I am glad we met as you have been a tremendous help to me in wording issues in a way that i understand. thanks for being you.

Old 11-17-2006, 06:37 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Dear Sannah,

It is good to hear that you continue to benefit from these forums. I am "for the masses" and in turn, the masses are available for me. I cannot begin to express (maybe I can but it might take too long my gratitude. I also hope that your day goes well. Just like the air that you breathe, I'll always be around; we'll talk.

Dear ICC,

Of course we will continue to "talk". You are way too kind with your perception of me (if I didn't have so many issues weighing me down at the moment, I would be blushing right now). I too am glad that we met and I could be of help. With regards to your last sentence "thanks for being you." My most sincere response is simply this: you're welcome.

Take care and God Bless. Love and Peace; for the masses only.

Closed Thread