It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
(male)

miller2146 HB User
asking for help with ptsd

need a venting session and responses from those who feel this thread...
My wife,buddy,lover,and soulmate was abused from the age of 8 to 14. No need for details... the act was commited by a family member and has sent her into her own mind ever since. she is approaching thirty and has started pychotherapy for ptsd. After many years and experiences of self medication she is having trouble facing perscreption drugs and the benefits of therapy. lossing hope has plagued her efforts of having the life she derseves and sending my mind into confusion. i quick history of our relationship. we knew one another from grade school, but went in different directions when growing up. I won't lie i didn't even know her back then. she jokes that the girl i dated in high school was over- protective of me. i laughed, because i wasn't like that and i wasn't even serous with her. I was a drifter untill the age of 27. left home and traveld up and down the east coast and came home. She did the same. we met one night out of luck or i like to think, fate. we fell in love and moved in with each other after two onths of dating. to her credit she was upfront with me and felt a comfort level with me that she had never been able to do with men in general. about 3 months ago she started to showing signs of depression. i see similar traits in my behavior that occurs before i slip into depression, so i refreshed my knowledge of ptsd and encouraged her to seek proffessional health. it was time i gave her the basic knowledge of ptsd and related effects of abuse and she walked through those doors. the confusion part... she goes back and forth with the process and has trouble with the prescription drugs. She self-medicated for many years and thinks that drugs aren't the anwser. denial? or fear please help i'm having trouble with the backlash of being here and having trouble with not taking attacks personal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread