It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #16
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Problems, and then some more problems!

Grasshopper:

You know as well as I that lack of sleep can further complicate any situation.

Perception of things, for one, can be off and irritability can be seen by every person except ourselves (so I am told). Even when we see it, the actual extent of it is skewed due to LOS(Lack of Sleep).

Lack of sleep for more than 2 hours a night for a month; could it be that hubby is concerned about this?

Warm milk, tea or another sleeping aide is definitely in order.

Rest well,

Ryan

Old 08-07-2007, 05:39 AM   #17
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

Morning Ryan....You are right about all. LOS totally distorts everything we think and feel. I know it does me. Tries everything. PCP will not give me meds as I am med sensitive and almost everything interferes with my BP meds. He also knows that usually there is something on my mind and doesn't feel sleep aides will get me over the hump. I did sleep well last night. Didn't get up until a little after 7:00 which is really late for me. As far as hubby goes, I know he's worried. He's very compassionate but at imes gets tired of it , wants to escape and takes all out on me. Right now I'm not strong enough to be his scapegoat.

Grasshopper

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 06:14 AM   #18
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Grasshopper:

I knew that you wouldn't allow yourself to become anyone's scapegoat.

If he feels a certain way, I don't think that now is the appropriate time to discuss things (unless it is getting way out of hand).

Get your clarity back to normal, work on your shoulder a bit more and take care of all the other health concerns.

I don't think he's going anywhere; just wants things to be back to the way they were.

(just a theory of mines)

Ryan

Old 08-07-2007, 09:10 AM   #19
Inactive
(female)

Oh Ryan...I am such an as( at times. I talked to Hubby this morning, didn't make a big deal of it , just said "here's how I feel. You are doing so much for me because you feel as if you owe me for taking care of you and your parents through many a menthy illness and as soon as I am on my feet you are out the door" typical man sat there going along with me and then got annoyed. Siad he does what he does because he loves me and will continue to go along with me as long as I'm asking him stupid questions that I should know the answer too. Although I wanted to smack him He's right. Enough of the drama. Thank Ryan for being there. It really helps to have a man's viewpoint and your's as always was right on target.

Grasshopper

Old 08-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #20
Facilitator
(male)

Grasshopper:

I do what I can; the Man Upstairs provides me with answers .

Rest well.

Ryan

Old 08-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #21
Veteran
(female)

beka6 HB User

ICC,
I'm glad that you talked to hubby, although it sounds like it could have gone a little bit better.... You have been under a ton of stress for the last couple of months - you and your husband are bound to feel this at least a little bit in your relationship. You will have your good days and bad days and so will he - but I think the most important thing is just to tell each other that you love each other. It sounds like all of these health problems have churned up some feelings of helplessness - things that we PTSD sufferers HATE!!

IMO, you did the right thing by trying to communicate with hubby. Your feelings are valid and need to be heard.

Take care of yourself,
Beka

Old 08-15-2007, 01:22 AM   #22
Facilitator
(male)

Grasshopper:

I too, am glad that things worked out between yourself and "the hubster" .

I learned a long time ago that there is nothing wrong with a questioning statement, especially if you don't know the answer.

Take care.

Ryan

Old 08-15-2007, 07:26 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Hi ICC, I am sorry that you are having these issues. Haven't been able to read much here this summer - VERY busy with the kids. Today was the first day of school! Your therapist doesn't sound good!

Last edited by Sannah; 08-15-2007 at 07:29 AM.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #24
Inactive
(female)

Thank you Sannah...i agree. My relationship with my therapist is over. When/if I need to return to therapy it will be time for a new one. A little depressed off and on so not too much to say.

ICC

Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 AM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

ICC, is it your health that is contributing to your depression?

Old 08-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #26
Inactive
(female)

Mainly Sannah....But my husband and daughter have been at each other alot lately. I truly believe they are in competition as to who is teking better care of me. Maybe they're both getting tired, it's been over a year since my health problems and injuries started, and maybe they're just plain old tired. every time we turn around it's something else. I also think both are worried sick and not showing me that. I'll be fine. Just need to get through all of this, both surgeries. I need to know my eyes are OK. It scares tha pants off of me.

ICC

Old 08-18-2007, 05:11 AM   #27
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICC View Post
Mainly Sannah....But my husband and daughter have been at each other alot lately. I truly believe they are in competition as to who is teking better care of me. Maybe they're both getting tired, it's been over a year since my health problems and injuries started, and maybe they're just plain old tired. every time we turn around it's something else. I also think both are worried sick and not showing me that. I'll be fine. Just need to get through all of this, both surgeries. I need to know my eyes are OK. It scares tha pants off of me.

ICC
Grasshopper:

You may be onto something, being the fact that you watch the way they interact with you and each other on a daily basis.

Did this get worse when they received news of your "optical interventions, along with the dates?"

You will get through next week and the following also;i'll be pulling for you.

To borrow a saying from a good friend of mines:

"God is never late."

Be well.

Ryan

Old 08-18-2007, 08:56 PM   #28
Veteran
(female)

beka6 HB User

ICC and Ryan,

I just want you to both know that I'm here, reading your posts and trying to keep up with everything. I don't really have much to say because I have no idea what it is like to deal with such an enormous amount of physical pain.

I hope the procedures coming up for both of you go smoothly. Ryan, I hope you are doing well from your procedure this week. Also, great news about meeting the potential witness on your way home from mass! See what great things happen when you go to church!! You already knew that, didn't you?

ICC, things with your husband and daughter are bound to get a little bit heated. This has been such a long ordeal for you... The issues with your eyes are like the final straw... You need your family's continued support, so I hope for your sake that they get it together relatively soon!

Both of you please take care and know that I am thinking of and praying for both of you.

Beka

Old 08-19-2007, 07:13 AM   #29
Inactive
(female)

Good morning.....Thanks Beka...I know you're there in the background and that you care. All will be fine. Just taking some time to get it all over with. The 30th my second eye will be done so hopefully by mid- sept I'll be back to somewhat normal. I have had it with hubby adn daughter. My daughter is acting like a brat at 28. Hubby told her so and that really set her off but he's right. And she's right when she says he needs to mind his own business at times. I think alot of this has to do with quitting smoking. I have read that sometimes people tend to mask certain issues and then when they quit it all comes out. Ryan??? I know I'm clearer. I see what both of them are doing bright as sun shine. Hubby was willing to listen to me and understand. Not that he totally agrees with me and that's OK. Daughter isn't even willing wo listen. She has me really ****** and hurt right now. Some of her friends are horrible, hurtful people and she bends over backwards to help them and yet does nothing for me or her step -father who has also been good to her. She feels it's time she moved out and I have to agree. Although i don't want her to on these terms, she'll be 29 in a couple of months. I just didn't need all of this right now, so am doing what is best for me. I spoke my mind to both of them, they both know what to expect and not expect from me and now the ball is in thier court as long as they don't play on mine I'm OK. Hubby feels we are happily married and wants to keep it like that. Before I go on anymore, this is a very complicated situtation and has been for 13 years.

ICC

Old 08-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #30
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICC View Post
Good morning.....Thanks Beka...I know you're there in the background and that you care. All will be fine. Just taking some time to get it all over with. The 30th my second eye will be done so hopefully by mid- sept I'll be back to somewhat normal. I have had it with hubby adn daughter. My daughter is acting like a brat at 28. Hubby told her so and that really set her off but he's right. And she's right when she says he needs to mind his own business at times. I think alot of this has to do with quitting smoking. I have read that sometimes people tend to mask certain issues and then when they quit it all comes out. Ryan??? I know I'm clearer. I see what both of them are doing bright as sun shine. Hubby was willing to listen to me and understand. Not that he totally agrees with me and that's OK. Daughter isn't even willing wo listen. She has me really ****** and hurt right now. Some of her friends are horrible, hurtful people and she bends over backwards to help them and yet does nothing for me or her step -father who has also been good to her. She feels it's time she moved out and I have to agree. Although i don't want her to on these terms, she'll be 29 in a couple of months. I just didn't need all of this right now, so am doing what is best for me. I spoke my mind to both of them, they both know what to expect and not expect from me and now the ball is in thier court as long as they don't play on mine I'm OK. Hubby feels we are happily married and wants to keep it like that. Before I go on anymore, this is a very complicated situtation and has been for 13 years.

ICC
Grasshopper:

Masking certain issues, as you know, doesn't make them go away.

When one thing goes, it can force a person to look at the others in an entirely different light; sometimes in surreal ways.

Having a "one on one" on your court(so to speak) was the best thing that you could have done. (for added effect)

They both know the love is there but need to respect that you are going through a lot at the moment.

Both are aware that you have two ocular interventions in as many weeks; the timing couldn't be more precise.

Now then; how are you feeling?

Ryan

Closed Thread