It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #31
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Re: Problems, and then some more problems!

Thanks my friend...I am pretty good. I get a little nervous once in awhile but not full of anxiety as I feel I was before my shoulder surgery. After reading Lorriem's experience hear on the boards I feel much more capable of doing this.As far as the family goes, hubby and I are fine. Daughter is really not talking to anyone but her nasty friends and that's OK too. There is so much involved here. She really thinks HE should do everything. I have been talking to my oldest alot lately about it and she agrees it's time my youngest grew up. My bad. I guess especially after my middle daughter passed I must have become really protective of this one and caused her to become a brat , spoiled and ill equipped to handle th e outside world. OR she's always been a brat and I forgot for the past 10 years until now seeing it clearly. Don't know yet. Need to watch this somemore. Am more concerned about getting the peepers fixed and then back to the shoulder.

SO my dear friend, when are you scheduled to be wired permanently??? How do YOU feel??? Any change yet??

Grasshopper

Last edited by ICC; 08-20-2007 at 04:53 AM.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #32
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Dear Grasshopper:

I am booked for this Thursday(23rd) in the O.R.

With regards to my lumbar and left leg; less pain, same weakness and ROM issues.

The Oxycodone works but have concerns of becoming addicted, so I take when absolutely necessary.

They honestly told me that they didn't know how my body would respond to this.

I see my ortho surgeon on the Monday following surgery.

Rest well, my friend as my prayers go with you tomorrow.

Phoenix
(Ryan)

Last edited by Phoenix; 08-20-2007 at 03:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 AM   #33
Inactive
(female)

Thanks Ryan...and mine go with you on Thursday. Sounds promising as you have a slight lessening in pain so soon. Have they ever mentioned how long it takes to get true results?? I'm not sure but I do visit a C site and know someone who has a stimulator after multiple cervical surgeries and lives a good QOL. Not off all pain meds , needs them at times but they are not constant anymore and he also is aware of the addictive possiblity. I will ask him some questions. To me the pain is a major factor. ROM and weakness usually come after intense PT of some sort. That I can see with my arm. Not used for over a uear before surgery. Have dead muscles now that scream during and after PT. Ryan that arm is so weak I can't pick my tea cup up with it. I'm going to continue to pray for your safety through all of this and for positive results in the near future. As my signature states.........

Grasshopper

Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 AM   #34
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICC View Post
Thanks my friend...I am pretty good. I get a little nervous once in awhile but not full of anxiety as I feel I was before my shoulder surgery. After reading Lorriem's experience hear on the boards I feel much more capable of doing this.As far as the family goes, hubby and I are fine. Daughter is really not talking to anyone but her nasty friends and that's OK too. There is so much involved here. She really thinks HE should do everything. I have been talking to my oldest alot lately about it and she agrees it's time my youngest grew up. My bad. I guess especially after my middle daughter passed I must have become really protective of this one and caused her to become a brat , spoiled and ill equipped to handle th e outside world. OR she's always been a brat and I forgot for the past 10 years until now seeing it clearly. Don't know yet. Need to watch this somemore. Am more concerned about getting the peepers fixed and then back to the shoulder.

SO my dear friend, when are you scheduled to be wired permanently??? How do YOU feel??? Any change yet??

Grasshopper
Grasshopper:

I didn't discuss your family situation because I felt it best that you concentrate on your left eye "intervention."

May the Lord guide you through with comforting thoughts during the procedure. I'll be there in spirit.

Take care.

Ryan

Old 08-22-2007, 04:41 AM   #35
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Thanks my friend...I am pretty good. I get a little nervous once in awhile but not full of anxiety as I feel I was before my shoulder surgery. After reading Lorriem's experience hear on the boards I feel much more capable of doing this.
Grasshopper:

When you are up to it, please let us know how you are doing.

Take care.

Ryan

Old 08-22-2007, 05:01 AM   #36
Inactive
(female)

Morning Ryan....I understood why you didn't get into the family crap and it was good as you helped me to focus on me. Surgery was a success and not a biggie as of course i had anticipated. In the surgi-center at 6:20 home by 8:20. I have such perfectly clear vision in my left eye it's weird and makes the right eye seem so much worse than when both were bad. I have a little flickering going on in the left when I look at bright lights (the computer screen looks neon still) . Dr. told be the brightness would die down to normal. I see him today at 12:45 and will see if all if OK. He did tell me in the OR yesterday that all went well. I won't last long on here, I can already tell so I am wishing you all the best tomorrow. I will be praying before you go, while you're there, and after you come home for success. I'll check in and out of here but can't stay long.

I could hear someone singing "lean on me" in the background during surgery

Grasshopper

Old 08-22-2007, 07:01 AM   #37
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Morning Ryan....I understood why you didn't get into the family crap and it was good as you helped me to focus on me. Surgery was a success and not a biggie as of course i had anticipated. In the surgi-center at 6:20 home by 8:20. I have such perfectly clear vision in my left eye it's weird and makes the right eye seem so much worse than when both were bad. I have a little flickering going on in the left when I look at bright lights (the computer screen looks neon still) . Dr. told be the brightness would die down to normal. I see him today at 12:45 and will see if all if OK. He did tell me in the OR yesterday that all went well. I won't last long on here, I can already tell so I am wishing you all the best tomorrow. I will be praying before you go, while you're there, and after you come home for success. I'll check in and out of here but can't stay long.

I could hear someone singing "lean on me" in the background during surgery

Grasshopper
Dear Grasshopper:

I am glad that surgery was a success.

It is good that you also see him today.

I am taking your wishes off the screen and taking them with me tomorrow .

Rest yourself; you know I understand what it means to recuperate.
-----------------------------------------------
So you heard me after all;expect a repeat performance next week .

Take care of yourself.

Ryan

Old 08-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #38
Inactive
(female)

Heard you loud and clear my friend. Now can you use your own words for yourself? Ryan first?

Fondly and with prayers for a successful day tomorrow!
Grasshopper

Old 08-24-2007, 05:06 AM   #39
Facilitator
(male)

Dear Grasshopper:

It's official; both Steve Austin and I have bionic parts in us .

They put me to sleep once the local anesthesia didn't seem to be worikg well.

This morning I will entitle: "the pain that I wouldn't wish upon my enemies."(at least a few of them anyway).

The rep that was there has been with the company since its' beginning(very professional and courteous). He readjusted the frequencies and now all the effected areas are covered; only thing is that my left leg weakness is still apparent . (see ortho surgeon Monday)

I liken the residual surgical pain to my lumbar fusion of 8/1/06.

More antibiotics and tylenol#3; seems to be doing the job.

I need to try and take things easy for approximately 6 weeks(swelling and all).

During surgical clearance the chest x-ray showed minimal focal discoid atelectasis in the lower left lobe of my left lung.

Went for another set of "x's" on Wednesday to confirm; results either today or Monday.

I will know how to proceed from there.

Your prayers were definitely felt.

I see that Grasshopper now has shades next to her name; hmmm.

Take care.

Ryan

Old 08-24-2007, 05:26 AM   #40
Inactive
(female)

Good morning my friend. Sorry it hurt. Glad it's done for you and as always wishing you a speedy full recovery and relief from your long term horrible pain. Ryan I am wondering IF this will have anything to do to help the leg weakness??????? I am hoping in time it does for you. Maybe with pain at a much lesser degree , strenghthening will be possible???? Ok 6 weeks. How about we set our goal at Thanksgiving which is my favorite holiday to see where we are in the recovery phase. The way things seem to go for both of us I don't dare go any sooner for either of us. I would really love to take the train up to CT around early October and just enjoy the scenery, have a few days away from mail, the phone and just everyday BS. Our last appt. is 9/25. My PT will continue but I mean Dr.s . Hubby needs another colonoscopy done. He has bee in major stomach pain for a long time, is losing weight and is in the bathroom numerous times a day in pain. Took him from June 1st until the end of Sept to schedule this. ALready had an abdominal CT scan done which showed nothing. No one is in that much pain for no reason. I think maybe it's something on the order of celiac's. He did have a polyp removed last colonoscopy. I wish they would check his bladder out. Anyway enough of that crap. What is this thingy on your lung??? Be in touch when you feel up to it. The computer screen is still too bright for me to hang here long. So I check in and out.

With fondness,
Grasshopper

Old 08-24-2007, 05:54 AM   #41
Facilitator
(male)

Grasshopper:

My leg weakness will not be solved by the use of the scs system.

I say this because the pain is taken away but prior to this, I had PT, injections(the whole nine yards) for my left leg weakness.

Yet I remain optimistic.

Atelectasis; could be partial collapse of lung or scarring, due to anesthesia or long term use of strong pain meds, etc.

We'll get down to the bottom of this.

Am in an extreme amount of pain, so will cut this short.

We will definitely talk.

Ryan

Old 08-24-2007, 08:04 AM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

Hi guys,

I don't jump in very often but wanted you to know that I read up most days....

I pray for both of you and send massive

HUGS.
Dustoff

Old 08-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #43
Inactive
(female)

Thanks dustoff and HUGS back to you. Let's give Ryan some together. He's in much more pain than I am right now. When I think back to us talking about all this It seems such a long time ago and now finally things are happening for both of us. A long hard road still to go. But not alone.

Grasshopper xo

Old 08-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #44
Inactive
(female)

Ryan , Your medical knowledge always amazes me. I didn't realize that so many things could/would cause lung damage. There are some prayers coming your way that you don't have one more thing to deal with. AND even you you need the cane I am praying for success with the stimulator to take your pain away. I don't think either of us will ever have a full working body anymore. I guess we need to settle for pain-free and most parts working??? Sad but true. The best we can be. Mind and body. Will be thinking about you. Take the time you need to recuperate fully.

Grasshopper

Old 08-25-2007, 07:27 AM   #45
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustoffkid View Post
Hi guys,

I don't jump in very often but wanted you to know that I read up most days....

I pray for both of you and send massive

HUGS.
Dustoff
Dear Dustoff:

Feel free to jump in at any time; it was most welcome.

Thank you for the prayers and "ginormous" hugs .

Be good to yourself; how are you doing these days?

Ryan

Closed Thread