It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

angela86 HB User
husband has ptsd

what can i do for ptsd for my husband?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maybecrazy HB User
Re: husband has ptsd

Hi angela86,

Get him to a psychologist who can help him with the symptoms - read as much as you can about it so you can understand that anger and frustration is not generally meant for you even though it may seem that it is directed to you - see if he will see a doctor - it's good to have a medico on side - see if he will come to this website - it really helps to discuss what you are going through with people who know what you are talking about because they are going through it or have been through it too and finally take care of yourself - you can't help and support another person if you don't take care of yourself. (think of posting here yourself - there are boards for almost everything here - stress being one of them and it can be stressful living with someone with PTSD and not knowing how to "fix" it.

Hope all goes well for your and your husband

MBC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 06:07 AM   #3
(female)

Phoenix777 HB User
Re: husband has ptsd

Has he been to a psychologist? Because It's a good idea to get him to one. Their are also support groups around he can join just ask the psychologist you go to. Maybe you can show him posts on this forum (or another PTSD forum) Even if he dose not join this site. And just reads the posts and advice given it could help him. Some posts other people have made on this site have helped me after I read them.

Closed Thread