It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #1
(female)

kubali HB User
help me undersand what's going on.

My childhood was extremelly difficult. Emotional abuse from my father. Abandonment from my mother. Real possibility that both my father and sister are bi-polar. In my twenties had a horrific experience when my boyfriend threatened me with a knife whilst driving on motorway. He yanked on handbreak and car span out of control.travelling at about 75 mph. I then went into what I now realise was an abusive marriage. Had 2 children. Diagnosed with depression soon after. !6 years of marriage, then I left. My ex-husband hounded, stalked and terrorised me for 4 years. Had some counselling. Met new people and eventually made safer selection and re-married and moved away. I asked my daughters to come with me but they still live with their father. Other traumas in my life have happened leaving me with terror of heights.Am I suffering from PTSD. I want to move on with my recovery and gain a stimulating and fulfilling life. I don't make friends easily and carry a lot of shame and fear.

<Edited: disallowed subject.>

Please point me in a direction which would be most beneficial. Thank you so much for caring.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maybecrazy HB User
Re: help me undersand what's going on.

Hi kubali and welcome,

its quite possible that you have ptsd considering the things you have been through - usually you have flashbacks, anxiety, nightmares, hypervigilence, depression, a loss of the sense of "safe" - there are many and varied symptoms but these are the ones that come to mind .

I am sorry that you had to go through these things and hope that your current relationship is better and I am sorry your daughters are still with your ex and hope you have contact with them.

Are you seeing a therapist (counciller or psychologist) - they can give you strategies to get through this - it takes time but things can get better - take care and keep posting here is you need support or answeres to questions MBC

Maybecrazy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread