It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
(female)

sea555 HB User
Unhappy New and Need advice.

Hi All
I am sea555.
Here is my story.
18 mths ago i was involved in a serious bus accident and flashbacks are still very real as is astrotravelling.
Before the acciedent i was a very fit ,happy postive person had my whole life ahead of me until that day in 2007 which i received pelvic and spinial injuries which i live with on a daily basis.was air lifted to hospitial but was trapped for some time before
i now apart from little sleep no engery, stomach upsets,if i need to talk to lawyers about the accident i fall to peices crying shaking.
now i have only just foud out that it was caused by Driver error .
the driver and i were back then was in a g/b friend but broke up shortly after due to me feeling he meant to cause the accident as following it he was saying thing to me like if you end up in a wheel chair i will take care of you....
then down the track one of my kidneys wasnt working his words to me were i will give you one of mine not sure what to make of this.
we sort of stayed friends that was until i got the findings of the forensic crash units findings now i can not even speak to him let alone look at him.
i am not receiving any real medical help as i dont know how or where to go to get it.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
(female)

JenniW77 HB User
Re: New and Need advice.

Your first stop should be with a psychologist or psychiatrist. Either of them can help you start to deal with your situation. After you come to terms with what has happened to you (which is the hardest and most painful part of it all), there are treatments that can help you get passed it. I'm guessing from what you said that you are now living with a permanent diability and have to find a new way to live your life. Changing how we believe we should live is beyond difficult, but not impossible to do if you set your mind to it.

One thing I have done is to tell myself everyday that I am not going to let the past get me down, I am in control of my life and the events of the past will not dictate my future. Even when I dont believe myself, I still say it and it still gives me the strength to press on.

I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread