It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

VA_girl HB User
Physical symtoms and information resourses

Are there any helpful organizations for ptsd that offers information on this. I suffered many years of traumatic experiences resulting from seizures and eventual stroke during surgery at the age of 22, I'd been attacked along w/ many other experiences during this time. I'm 31 and my life is much more together, but I still feel like I have many symptoms and I wondering which ones my be the result of ptsd. Like can it affect your period? I have problems with that, I'd developed a little OCD type habits with life and food. I began grinding teeth and not being to sleep, for years and years now. Along w/ being jumpy and distant etc.....I'd just like to find more information, any suggestions or comments?
Thanks!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
(female)

InOrOut HB User
Re: Physical symtoms and information resourses

There are lots of valid online references for information on PTSD and its effects on the body.

Anxiety, for example, is a symptom of PTSD. It's been proven that anxiety can cause many physical affects.

But if your symptoms have recently worsened, you shouldn't seek your only assistance from the internet. Talking with a therapist may be one of the best ways you can sort things out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

maybecrazy HB User
Re: Physical symtoms and information resourses

Hi Ladyitialian - there is a great book called the PTSd sourcebook by glenn shiraldi - it goes through all the symptoms and all the different treatments avaialibe - it helped me a lot - also having a therapist helps - well I wouldnt be here today withouot having found a good one

take care and let me know if I can help - feel free to pm me

mabecrazy (hugs if ok)

Maybecrazy

Closed Thread