It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2009, 06:34 AM   #1
(female)

miche5 HB User
living with partners with ptsd

Hello my name is miche5, i have been looking for a sight like this for a very long time...my partner or should i say ex at the moment was blown up by a suicide bomber in 2004...he has never had any counciling for this no matter how bad he got...myself and 2 sons put up with terrible anger and abuse for 4 years...pete wanted counciling then he refused to admit hehas issues, which he does...he left me and kept coming back but just could not settle as i suppose to many memories living with us..he has got another relationship within a month or 2 of leaving me but i know he cant move on properly till he deals with it...my sons and i are the main target for his anger blaming us for all, 18 years we had been together through all sorts but the last 2 years were the worse...i feel i cant just abandon him completely but what do you do if they want admit the problem...he e-mailed me today saying he was fine and fully recovered and that i am the 1 with the issues over it as he has recovered fully..he was off work for 1 year with this abd cared for fully by myself and my sons...he want even speak to my sons....i am angry of course as it affects all involved....

Old 08-29-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maybecrazy HB User
Re: living with partners with ptsd

hi and welcome miche5,

jmo but while he doesnt admit there is a problem you cant help him - you can try to gently move him towards healing but first you must take care of you and your children

if he has another partner and is healed why does he still try to put the blame on you - please protect yourself and your children first and help him 2nd - it may sound selfish ... but i have been ina arelationship with someone who had problems (i have PTSD but got it after we broke up - couple of years after)
he damaged me mentally..... and i would not like to see that happend ot you

I hope he and you get some help to get past this

take care MBC

Maybecrazy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
(female)

miche5 HB User

I am now as he is impossible to get through too...he has many issues and it is all down to us, i want take the blame as its 5 years now and he should have gotten some kind of help.. thank you for your kind words it helps, you can talk to friends family etc...but there understanding of it is limited....

Old 08-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

maybecrazy HB User

yes , that makes it hard - here at least you will findpeople who understand what you are going through.

I am glad you are getting help and not taking the blame - dont let hisissues become yours.

take care MBC

Maybecrazy

Closed Thread