It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2003, 04:22 PM   #1

marylennox84 HB User
Post what effective treatments have you done?

Well, let me first introduce myself.

I am 19 years old and have struggled a lot with my brain...i believe there is a chemical imbalance and have been on and off meds.

Anyway, I've been diagnosed with anorexia, somatization disorder, depression, panic disorder...bah, the list goes on.

Lately, I was doing well until I started to have panic attacks regarding terrorist attacks and for some reason, getting shot. It was the most random thing, but I would have this irrational fear of getting shot, seeing someone get shot, etc. ....I think it was kind of stress from school that snowballed.

About three weeks ago, I was at a park where I actually DID witness someone get shot. It was the worst thing I think I've ever experienced and still have nightmares about it.

I thought i was recovering from it, although I was a little nervous about going some places, particularly at night.

Then, my roommate tells me that while she was on vacation in another state, some guys broke into her friend's apartment, tied the girls down, held guns to their heads and robbed the apartment.

So now all progress is shot, no pun intended. I'm just so scared to go to many places for fear that this will happen again....

I am currently seeing a therapist, but nothing is really helping....I went to another clinic before and they just were there to control my panic attacks, not to treat my PTSD.

I am scared to go anywhere I've heard this happen at before...school, restaurants, convience stores...and its hard for me to go anywhere alone now.

What do you suggest?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2003, 04:23 PM   #2

marylennox84 HB User
sorry, I should also add I was in a near plane crash over New Year's this year and have severe anxiety around airplanes now. I have flown since, but I was very nauseous and scared out of my mind the entire time.

Closed Thread