It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2003, 12:05 AM   #1
Inactive

SunnyDarkness HB User
Unhappy Please help

Hello. I am 19yrs old. I have a question. When I was younger I saw a neurologist for sever headaches and the conclusion was that the headaches were caused by abuse when I was younger. Well, I have for a while had these dreams....its kinda hard to explain but here goes. In my dream I will be somewhere with people around me, its sunny out but for some reason I cant see the light, everything to me looks black or gray like its night time. Sometimes in these dreams I "fall asleep" in my dream, just laying there not being able to move or see anything but I can feel and hear everyone else around me. Sometimes this happens when Im awake too, like a day dream, those are different though in the way that when Im not all the way asleep I am always aware of where I am really at..... things just change, like I will hear or so people who arent there.... in the "daydreams" everything also looks grayish or black...even when all the lights are on. Oh, by the way, when things are gray I can still see everything its not totally dark its just like the light has been dimmed. When this happens I feel kinda dizzy and just lay down and its like I cant wake up even though Im not fully asleep. Its not a good experiance at all. When it happens at night when Im sleeping I am unable to wake up from my dreams and when its a "daydream" type of state no matter how hard I try to get up and fully wake up and be aware of whats really going on I cant. Its very uncomfortable and somewhat scary. Ive had my eyes tested and other test done and there is no physical cause. Have any of you experianced this or know what the cause could be? The doctors have no clue... I am really getting desprite to figure out whats going on with me. I would appreciate any and all responses and opinions. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2003, 05:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Talking

Have you ever been to see a psychologist? It sounds like in your sub-conciousness you have things you need to deal with to free you of this problem. The mind can play strange tricks on us.

Best of luck.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:17 PM   #3

christie s HB User
Have you had any type of brain scans done? What type of tests has your doctor done?

Old 08-05-2003, 11:36 PM   #4
Inactive

SunnyDarkness HB User
I had one test done in some big machine but I dont really remember that very well it couldve been a brain scan or something else. It was at childrens hospital. I went to a neurologist and she did all sorts of tests and then she asked me about abuse and things like that and concluded that was the cause but its gotten somewhat worse since then. And I have never came across anyone else who has these symptoms from abuse or from anything else. Its all just really strange.

Old 08-06-2003, 09:22 PM   #5

christie s HB User
How long ago was the test done? Have you seen an eye doctor?

I'm asking because if this is a neurological problem, it may not have shown up at the time but would now. I really think you should find another doctor because this doesn't sound like something you should mess with.

Old 08-07-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
Inactive

SunnyDarkness HB User
Yes, of course I've seen an eye doctor. A few, and my eyes are perfectly fine. And I have seen more than one doctor and they all said the same thing. One test was a long time ago, several about 3 years ago then some more a year or so ago.

[This message has been edited by SunnyDarkness (edited 08-07-2003).]

Old 02-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #7
(male)

waya HB User
Re: Please help

hello, ive never been one to suggest medication but i take a medication for depression and with the right dosage it helps me sleep without the intrusive dreams, perhaps with a sleep aid that makes you tired when its time for bed , a real good night sleep is needed, talking to others is very important to me and sometimes youll find a person with a good ear and the experience that would be incommon with yours

Old 02-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

hergy HB User

Disregard my former post. My hippocampus was inactive.

Last edited by hergy; 02-26-2007 at 10:41 AM.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

This post is almost 4 yrs. old.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

I know sannah. there have been a couple in the past couple of days from back in 2003. I stayed clear because it's one of the forum rules not to go into posts that are I beleive older than 30 days.

Nice to see you!
Grasshopper

Closed Thread