It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2003, 05:49 PM   #1

justdontknownemore HB User
Question any success on remeron plse?

hello there, i am a 32 yr old woman and am desperate, i have been suffering with anxiety for just this past year, had tests done etc, all ssri's havent worked for me they just gave me to many bad side affects, however now doctor wants to try me on remeron? have anybody ever had any experience with it please? i suffer from severe anxiety (where everything seems unreal, gets back flashes of my past) depression because of this and a little ocd.

Thankyou any help would be much appreciated, i have posted this is a few boards to make sure know one misses it.

------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 08-19-2003, 12:58 AM   #2

stayinonbriteside HB User
Wink

Hi justdontknowanymore,
i too have been having anxiety for the past year and a half or so. i have a hard time trying to figure out what has triggered these for me. for 1-i have had a terrible growing up and 2- i have been in a lot of pain due to back injury. i have asked if maybe with the depression i have been having with my chronic pain it has left me having a hard time not thinking about my past. i feel like maybe one has triggered the other, not sure. see i am 42 and have always seemed to not dwell on things that have happened to me in my childhood. but with being in pain and trying to cope with that has made me feel like this is causing me to have axiety.
especially when the docs tell you there is nothing wrong with you and the pain i have is do to my past, i really thought i was going over the deep end.dome to find out that the pain wasn't just in my head the surgery i had on my neck has never healed and has left my neck unstable and now i have to go in for a 2nd surgery for the same thing. between the pain, the depression, the anxiety i really felt i was not going to take much more.
i could have easily have thought that this was all in my head but my neck swelled so bad and pain was unbearable at times, that i didn't think i could cause my own neck to swell just cause of my past. but with problems i have been having has contributed to my anxiety/deppression. just for the simple fact of not feeling like myself anymore and trying to pretend everything is alright, i knew i needed to talk with someone and get some meds.

well i know this does not help you with your question by i just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, that i am new to all this too, and will try to keep posting

hope all is well with you and yours
andrea
ps hope i didn't bore you!!! lol http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/yawn.gif

------------------
2/98 anterior laminectomy c5/6-c6/7 w/titatium plate and six screws-used my own hip bone

returned to work in sept/98

oct/98 was struck from behind by a bus! never had an accident before this!!

4/2000 i went to the docs again and was told to go home soak in tub and take ibprophen well took advise and as soon as i leaned back my neck snapped.. my neck fractured after all this come to find out my site hasn't fused yet,

2nd surgery coming up 8/27/2003 posterior this time

returned to work in sept/98

oct/98 was struck from behind by a bus! never had an accident before this!!

4/2000 i went to the docs again and was told to go home soak in tub and take ibprophen well took advise and as soon as i leaned back my neck snapped.. my neck fractured after all this come to find out my site hasn't fused yet,

2nd surgery coming up 8/27/2003 posterior this time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread