It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2003, 09:56 PM   #1

BlueCat2500 HB User
Post It so Scary!

A couple of weeks ago I went to the hospital, I had big anxiety attack and depression, when I got out of the hospital I was feeling really strange like things were not the same. I lost track of time, I didn't felt my body, I lost my sense of taste and smell, I felt like I was in a dream or when I just woke up and I am not fully awake, I didn't regonize people, well it took me time to regonize them and even myself in the mirror, I got lost very eassily and it like I was not me, even my name I forgot it, I had forget my past, well it was more eassy for me to remember my past a long time ago then what I did last month, all that was so strange.

How can I forget who I was, I also didn't regonize where I live, I did but things were different, it was so scary and strange. My therapist told me all that sound like I had a Post Traumastic Stress Disorder and Dissociation, I did had heard about this before but not much so having what I had I thought I was going crazy and I never thought I could even forget who I was.

I had this for almost 2 weeks and I still feel space out when I wake up sometime, I am less sharp then I was, I feel very slow. How long PTSD can stay and did it come back often after you had PSTD or did some of you have it only one time? I am very scare of this but I am glad to know that other have it too and it can go aways coz after a couple of days having it I start to got very scare but it was odd I could not cry or scream it like i was frooze, even my feelings I could not expressed them I was just saying things are different and strange and I don't feel my body. Now I am better but I got big anxiety attack after my PTSD and that too it's scary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2003, 08:01 AM   #2

Tigre HB User
PTSD is very scary and also very real. From what ive learned about it, the quicker that you get help for it the faster your recovery. I was told it can take a couple years for me to be "healed". Some people dont fully recover from the symptoms of this. I also have short term memory loss and depression and a whole host of other things. I see a neuro-psych for this ...its a result from a head injury that come to find out could have been fatal. That was a shocker to me. I suggest that you see or talk to your doctor about it, also pull up some of the sites on PTSD. Zoloft has a good site on info and help with PTSD. Its the best info in lehmans terms that i found. I cant remember the addy for it im sorry but search it up...i sure hope it helps. THis diagnosis is a terrible experience and alot of poeple dont believe how it can make us feel or what it can do to us emotionally. The best of luck to you.

Tigre

Old 08-30-2003, 09:55 PM   #3

BlueCat2500 HB User

Hi Tigre,
Thanks to had take the time to respond to my post. I saw my doctor, she didn't do much, she said to talked about it with my psy but I know her too won't do much. I figure if someting was very wrong the doctor would had do something but now I am scare to have it again and you said some people don't fully recover, I seem fine but will that get worst? I am fine but I am always tire and seem less sharp and fast then before and I hate that, also I hate feeling like a young kid, sometime I feel that way and it scare me, my mood change so fast. I don't know what worst, PTSD or Anxiety attack, both are very hard to deal with, if I don't have PTSD it Anxiety attack I have, My God I am not lucky.
Take care!

Old 08-31-2003, 07:37 AM   #4

Tigre HB User
Hi,
I cant tell you definately that it will get worse but from my own experience it has. I had the head injury in Jan and for the first month or so i was "ok". Then all kinds of things started...some slow some kinda hit quicker. Anxiety can be related to the PTSD. I have PTSD/anxiety/panic attacks. At first the docs kinda wanted to wait to see if it was the meds causing my "mood swings" and anxiety or if it was "real". I feel that as every month has passed i got worse. The doctor finally saw that and referred me to the neuro psychologist which is where i feel that im gonna get the help. I am gonna see the psychiatrist to get on antidepressants and anxiety meds. I have been to numerous docs and i have seen that some just look at me as a number or dont seem to care and then i have two docs (my chiro/physical therepist and the neuro psychologist) who truly seem to care and think that this is something that needs attention pronto. As I sit here, i just had a brain fart and forgot most of the posting so i will end here...lol. Sorry for the docs not paying to much attention...go get another oppinion or two. Some docs just are too overwhelmed to pay close attention to us and thats a shame. Good luck and i hope things work out.

Tigre

Closed Thread