It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 01:42 PM   #1
(female)

nelldance HB User
Post Very conerned....

My dear friends have 7 beautiful children. Jake-22,Hailey-19,Allen-15,Angel-15, Allie-passed away, Micah-11,Leona-7,Gracie-3.
Last August their lives changed. Angel was diagnosed with leukemia. While going through treatment, something horrible happened to her twin brother and sister. They went on a weekend trip to the beach with their next door neighbors and their 15 and 17 year old son and daughter. On the way home, they were in a terrible car accident. The father and Allie were killed instantly. Allen was uninjured, and their two children as well. The mother suffered a broken collar bone and wrist.
Allen has not been himself since. He will not go to church, at school he will not do any sports, he won't hardly even talk to anyone. They took him to some counseling, but all he did was cry. He will not take drivers ed, he hardly will ride in a car. When in the car, he will for no reasoin begin to cry. This kid used to be mr. tough guy, Freshman class pres., youth choir, varsity quarterback, and track star. Now, he hardly acts like he has a life to live. It has been over a year now, and it just keeps getting worse. He sleeps every night with a picture of his sister, Allie, and wakes up screaming. They don't know what to do. He will not get close to his other brothers and sisters, he says he doesn't want to lose anyone again. They were best friends.

Old 09-19-2003, 02:28 PM   #2
Inactive

Sting66 HB User
Hello nelldance,

That sounds so terrible! Poor Allen! I know it sounds as though they've tried everything. I don't know what to say or think, except that I hope that one of these things starts to work for him a little bit, if they keep on trying.

I guess no one can over such a thing happening, but maybe he and those who love him will be able to help him find a way to get through it. This will take a long, long time to get through...

Good luck to your friends, this is such a terrible, sad thing, and for what it's worth, my thoughts are with all of you.

Sting66

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2004, 03:44 PM   #3

Sabina HB User
Lightbulb Re: Very conerned....

i'm so sorry for your loss and for allen's loss. i wonder if you've tried EMDR therapy. it can be quite effective for victims of trauma.

[url]http://www.emdr.com/[/url]

Closed Thread