It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2003, 11:47 AM   #1

lostsoul15204 HB User
Post same sex child abuse from 5 yto 8

i was formally diagnosed with this last year and i has caused a lot of pain and havoc in my life, I did not tell until I was in therapyu about 3 years ago and I'm still dealling with it. Can anyone help me out here?

------------------
Rick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2003, 10:07 PM   #2

tryingtofeelgood HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul15204
i was formally diagnosed with this last year and i has caused a lot of pain and havoc in my life, I did not tell until I was in therapyu about 3 years ago and I'm still dealling with it. Can anyone help me out here?

------------------
Rick

Dear Rick,

Aren't you dealing with enough in your life right now? I swear I am not following you - just going to the same boards. Looks like we're in the same boat buddy - only I have ptsd from paternal grandfather. You said you told 3 years ago and to a therapist - is that helping? What kind of work do you do to help yourself get over it. I am so sorry this happened to you. We are all people from our experiences and even if they are bad ones, it molds us and we grow from it and we learn from it. Hang in there. Let's get you out of physical pain and then get to the stuff down deep... is it deep or do you feel like it wants to flow out? I would leave a pad of paper and pencils in each room of your house, and one next to your bed. Write your feelings down. Then stick them in a box. You are putting them somewhere and taking them out of your head. .. .hmm, maybe I should be doing this as well. I have been scared about HBO

Your buddy! How nice to meet you, again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2003, 12:07 PM   #3

sniffy HB User
Hi Rick

I am sorry that you are having a tough time right now. I was sexually abused as a child too so I know how it feels.

Are you still seeing a therapist. I have been lucky in finding a great therapist. I have been seeing her for about 6 months and feel like I can go it on my own soon.

I think the right therapist could help you a lot. I know I would still be so angry and confused if I didn't have someone to guide me through the whole mess. If you are still seeing the same therapist from 3 years ago maybe you should switch as it doesn't sound like it is helping.

best wishes
heather

Closed Thread