It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

Kaddi HB User
alot of PTS

Hi I was wondering if anyone has gone trough EMDR i am considering it,please contact me with advice I just want this to over in the worst way.I am very open to any suggestions.thanks

Old 08-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: alot of PTS

Hello Kaddi,

I have experienced EMDR therapy but it is unclear what you exactly would like to know.

If you are up to explaining your situation a bit more,I will be more than willing to respond in kind.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
(female)

Kaddi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Hello Kaddi,

I have experienced EMDR therapy but it is unclear what you exactly would like to know.

If you are up to explaining your situation a bit more,I will be more than willing to respond in kind.

Respectfully
Phoenix
I have been very badly abused as a child mentaly physicaly spritualy negelcted abandond and orphan as a teenager sexual assault and fro, there everything under the sun.I just took it moment by moment not sure if EDMR will work or is worth the little bit of money I do have .I want to spend it on the right treatment.thanks for answering back God bless you with much joy Kaddi

Old 08-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

I'm not exactly sure how the Canadian health care system works but you can try contacting the mental health association in your locale.

The thing with EMDR is that it's controversial.

Whether or not it will be of benefit to you depends on so many different factors.

It is definitely worth trying....

With any modality of therapy,please expect the possibility of progression and regression.

Even a bit of regression can be viewed as progress,depending upon the circumstances.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Closed Thread