It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
(female)

ecinaj HB User
My son

I believe my adult son suffers from childhood PTSD It has only come to light over the past few years the extent of the bullying in high school, the daily taunts, destruction of his personal property, physical assaults, etc. he didn't talk about it. The mugging he suffered in his early 20's tipped him over the edge. Anxiety and depression rule his life, unable to keep a job, no friends or good personal relationship. If it were physical like MS or medical like Cancer people would understand but because it is an mental health issue people, including some family members, are unsympathetic. He is receiving treatment but it will be a long road to recovery.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:21 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: My son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecinaj View Post
I believe my adult son suffers from childhood PTSD He is receiving treatment but it will be a long road to recovery.
Hello ecinaj,

At times like this,one has to remain optimistic.

The more comfortable your son is with his therapist,the greater the likelihood that he'll be more receptive to the therapeutic measures administered.

Try to view it this way:your son didn't exhibit his symptoms overnight,so a quick remedy is not truly feasible to expect.

With time and patience,many things can be accomplished.

Respectfully
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
ecinaj (09-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread