It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
(male)

Richard1234 HB User
My anxiety :(

So when i was a child my father abused me i now have PTSD and im 14 the abuse was from 1-2 while he had me alone now i live across the country and have had many years of counseling things were better for me though i was always on edge but nothing too much but now about 2 months after i was jumped

i'm so scared i don't go to school anymore because the last day i went i could barly function i felt like i knew i was about to die or get seriously hurt so i just left and went home

i know its unlikely and it dosent even hurt that bad but just the thought! i don't leave my house unless i need too i mean i don't even walk to the store anymore i think the assault retriggered my PTSD im so at a loss i ruined a relationship with a gorgeous girl who most kids would die to be with but i just said no too going anywhere with her because i'm so scared ill get jumped or hurt again

im missing my first year of highschools im just falling out of lilfe it feels like recently my depression also came back iv been on prozac for about 2 weeks and i dont feel much better infact i feel like a zombie

im sure a bit of its in my head but im pretty sure some people would beat me up if they saw me tho i know its unlikely

moving too another state would turn my life around but thats unlikely

Last edited by Administrator; 10-17-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: My anxiety :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1234 View Post
So when i was a child my father abused me i now have PTSD and im 14 the abuse was from 1-2 while he had me alone now i live across the country and have had many years of counseling things were better for me though i was always on edge but nothing too much but now about 2 months after i was jumped

i'm so scared i don't go to school anymore because the last day i went i could barly function i felt like i knew i was about to die or get seriously hurt so i just left and went home

i know its unlikely and it dosent even hurt that bad but just the thought! i don't leave my house unless i need too i mean i don't even walk to the store anymore i think the assault retriggered my PTSD im so at a loss i ruined a relationship with a gorgeous girl who most kids would die to be with but i just said no too going anywhere with her because i'm so scared ill get jumped or hurt again

im missing my first year of highschools im just falling out of lilfe it feels like recently my depression also came back iv been on prozac for about 2 weeks and i dont feel much better infact i feel like a zombie

im sure a bit of its in my head but im pretty sure some people would beat me up if they saw me tho i know its unlikely

moving too another state would turn my life around but thats unlikely
Hello Richard1234,

I'm sorry that you're going through a rough time.

Have your parents considered home schooling in the meanwhile?

Maybe a change of school will help.

If you are up to it please respond;at the very least for us to see if you have responded positively to the prozac.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-04-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
(female)

bella voce HB User
Re: My anxiety :(

Richard,
I'm sorry that your post was so long ago and that you didn't get any replies. I hope you have found some help! Do you have access to a therapist? You're the same age as my son, and I can only imagine what you're going through. Hope things are getting better! My PTSD is also from childhood abuse, then spousal abuse. The ironic thing is that the spousal abuse wasn't as bad, but it was enough to trigger the physical anxiety symptoms from when I was young.

Hang in there!!!!

Closed Thread