It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
(male)

Harry2255 HB User
PTSD symptoms - you're not alone

Hi everyone,

I am so happy I found this group, because PTSD is a *****!

I just finished a 12-week class through Kaiser for PTSD based on the "Seeking Safety" book. Frankly, I got not much from the module because it never seemed to explain *why* one goes through this.

However, I learned so much from sharing with the group that I wished to let you know (as I learned) you're not alone!

* 80 percent of the group was of *very* above-average intelligence. For example, one woman's two children had doctorates, while another's son was just accepted by Stanford and Princeton! Personally, we had BAs and MAs from wonderful universities. Bottom line: You are not stupid because you have PTSD.

* You are not the only one with Exaggerated Startle Response. Funny, just me and another man suffer from this, but if you are like a Mexican jumping bean at the slightest unexpected noise, you can come play on our team.

* If you are afraid of leaving your comfort zone (aka home) to get help, join the crowd. 99 percent of the people in my group said it was difficult for them to attend the group, but they forced themselves outside their comfort zone.

* Almost 80 percent of people in the group said they would have difficulty fighting for care. That upset me. *You need to be your own advocate!* People will not be mad if you politely say what you need. I did as much today.

Sharing is support! You need to know you're not alone. Seek out help wherever you can.

All my best -- and I hope this helps someone.

Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: PTSD symptoms - you're not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry2255 View Post
I am so happy I found this group, because PTSD is a *****!
Hello Harry,

Yes.PTSD is a pain to deal with and the support provided here is priceless.

It's been of help in so many different ways and is a wonderful avenue to express ones thoughts.

Sending positive vibes your way,
Phoenix

Closed Thread