It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
(female)

afriendindeed HB Userafriendindeed HB User
Unhappy Memory Loss

Hi

Just wondering does anyone with CPTSD have problems with their memory. I remember current things ie like a few days ago, I remember old things like from childhood but it's the stuff in between like 6 months ago that I have trouble with and it is becoming more and more embarassing as people will say for example remember that restaurant or that place we had lunch at say ie 6 months ago at such and such. I will not remember and I struggle so much. I am finding sometimes I lie and just say yes I do but I don't. Is this part of CPTSD? Does anyone else have memory loss?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: afriendindeed
Arianna2 (03-14-2012), Phoenix (03-16-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User
Re: Memory Loss

aFriend, I just came across this post, and I have PTSD and my memory is the pitts. But I have always associated it to the medications I am on. I know the embarassment too, the worst being not remembering names of people, or places Ive been too. You arent alone for sure! Could it be meds perhaps?

Pamela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
(female)

Wink Re: Memory Loss

Hello Adrianna2 Thank you for your reply. I am currently not on any meds but went back to my doctor today and he has prescribed some for me as my flashbacks have become quite bad. So, to say it's medication for myself personally no, that is not the answer for me. I am hoping that the new scripts are not mind altering and will check them out on the net before taking them as I don't want that. I have not taken meds for years as I always felt they were the "bandaid effect". I am going to make a further appointment with my psychologist as I just want to move on. Good luck and hope all is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna2 View Post
aFriend, I just came across this post, and I have PTSD and my memory is the pitts. But I have always associated it to the medications I am on. I know the embarassment too, the worst being not remembering names of people, or places Ive been too. You arent alone for sure! Could it be meds perhaps?

Pamela

Old 03-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by afriendindeed View Post
Hi

Just wondering does anyone with CPTSD have problems with their memory. I remember current things ie like a few days ago, I remember old things like from childhood but it's the stuff in between like 6 months ago that I have trouble with and it is becoming more and more embarassing as people will say for example remember that restaurant or that place we had lunch at say ie 6 months ago at such and such. I will not remember and I struggle so much. I am finding sometimes I lie and just say yes I do but I don't. Is this part of CPTSD? Does anyone else have memory loss?
Hello afriendindeed,

It seems that my short term memory is less than desirable also.
I'll have my wallet one moment,put it down and forget where I placed it.I can remember past events vividly though.

Explained this(among other things) to my prescribing physician and was given a script for a higher dosage of my medication.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 03-24-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
(female)

Saddie098 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by afriendindeed View Post
Hi

Hi afriend,
I found your thread, I miss you on the other one, I sent you a private message but I guess you did not recieve it. I have no memory between the years of 4yrs and 10yrs and then again between the ages of 13yrs and 16yrs it is like my memory is protecting me from not remembering things that lead me to this point of my PTSD, I wish I could remember so that my Doc can help but then again I am scared to find out what happened those missing years.
Hope your well, miss chatting it up with you.
Sincerely, Saddie098

Old 03-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #6
(female)

Thumbs up Re: Memory Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddie098 View Post
Hi afriend,
I found your thread, I miss you on the other one, I sent you a private message but I guess you did not recieve it. I have no memory between the years of 4yrs and 10yrs and then again between the ages of 13yrs and 16yrs it is like my memory is protecting me from not remembering things that lead me to this point of my PTSD, I wish I could remember so that my Doc can help but then again I am scared to find out what happened those missing years.
Hope your well, miss chatting it up with you.
Sincerely, Saddie098
Hi Saddie. Replying just for you ok? I'm in a very difficult place at the moment in my life and maybe I did say too much on the other thread but I did not think for one minute I was going off the topic. PTSD is PTSD and all it's associated situations? I don't get it but never mind I'm a silly Aussie. As for the memory loss I (think I did mention this on the other thread) my Psychologist told me just last Saturday this is a way the mind protects us from incidents that were too hard to (basically deal with) at the time, our minds were too young etc to be able to calculate and determine how to handle the situation so it puts it in a filing cabinet but I don't know about you but with me that filing cabinet opens up every now and then by a sight, a sound, a colour and that is when the flashback along with the anxiety attack happens and I remember the moment there and then and think I will remember this later but I don't. Frustrating! I did get your message and replied so don't know what happened there? I am tired and need to rest. Take care Miss Saddie wherever you are. You sound a lovely person

Old 05-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #7
(female)

cetiya HB User

i had memory loss a lot right after i was kidnapped, which was 30 years ago. it was noticeable then but so much time has passed, i cant remember all i have forgot. i was brainwashed during my time in hell, so that may have been a lot of my problems with memory.

Closed Thread