It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
(male)

baddogxx02 HB User
new here

I have cptsd, ive had this for many many years, lately its flared up alot, my temper has got real bad, im fighting again and wanting to drink. i havent had nightmares in years and they have started up again and most of them are very servere. I am on anti-deps and meds for sleeping but i dont think they are helping....I do not know what to do anymore.

The following user gives a hug of support to baddogxx02:
Phoenix (03-04-2012)
Old 03-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddogxx02 View Post
I have cptsd, ive had this for many many years, lately its flared up alot, my temper has got real bad, im fighting again and wanting to drink. i havent had nightmares in years and they have started up again and most of them are very servere. I am on anti-deps and meds for sleeping but i dont think they are helping....I do not know what to do anymore.
Hello baddogxx02,

Welcome....

Have you been undertaking any particularly stressful matters as of late?
Please speak with your prescribing physician;your meds may need to be regulated.

May I suggest seeing a therapist,as a means of placing things in the proper perspective.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User
Re: new here

Hi baddog, I also have had PTSD for a long time and have had to have my anti dep, and sleeping meds adjusted quite a few times. Each time my doc increased my meds during my flare up, and I was able to go back to him when I noticed I was coming back to earth. It is very frustrating but at least I have a plan now, and know that when I get in trouble, my doc can get me back out.
I agree with Phoenix about therapy. I have been told that as well, but have no insurance for it so havent been able to. Good luck to you.... Pamela

The Following User Says Thank You to Arianna2 For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (03-06-2012)
Closed Thread