It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 04:06 AM   #1
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Why Now?

Hello all,

I have noticed that my PTSD symptoms have been increasing in intensity as of late.

I have a personal injury case which is supposed to go to trial on April 10.The closer it gets,the more anxiety I seem to feel.

I wish I could turn this off,for some type of reprieve....

I go to therapy,which is designed to help and it seems to in increments.....until I get deposed and it's then I seem to backslide metaphorically.

If this does go to trial,I'll be faced with more intrusive questions, to be shared with the public at large.

This will undoubtably set me back,so the more I try to prepare myself mentally,the more anxious I tend to feel.

It's bad enough having symptoms that I deal with on a daily basis but now it seems to be intensifying.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 03-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: Why Now?

Hi Phoenix
I wish I could help but just not familiar enough with PTSD & the symptoms... I do understand anxiety though... I take Wellbutrin which has really helped me keep from stressing but doesn't numb me so much that nothing bugs me. I love it!
I am waiting To be scheduled to see a judge for ssdi, I'm in the 3rd phase. Just thinking about it makes me nervouse... I don't like explaining what's wrong with me, not comfortable talking about it except on these boards... A judge can't feel or see the pain do its hard to beleive that they will understand. But there is a reason why you will be in front of a judge, it's because you do have a case...
I wish there was some way to help you with the anxiety... I just understand what you are feeling...
I know I keep my mind busy at all times... I can't just watch tv, I have to read, play online games, draw ect... It's been so normal for me I never thought much about it till now. But keeping my mind busy it takes my attention off pain, fatigue & every day stresses...

Wishin you the best of luck
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following user gives a hug of support to thefarm:
Phoenix (03-26-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (03-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Why Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarm View Post
Hi Phoenix
I wish I could help but just not familiar enough with PTSD & the symptoms... I do understand anxiety though... I take Wellbutrin which has really helped me keep from stressing but doesn't numb me so much that nothing bugs me. I love it!
I am waiting To be scheduled to see a judge for ssdi, I'm in the 3rd phase. Just thinking about it makes me nervouse... I don't like explaining what's wrong with me, not comfortable talking about it except on these boards... A judge can't feel or see the pain do its hard to beleive that they will understand. But there is a reason why you will be in front of a judge, it's because you do have a case...
I wish there was some way to help you with the anxiety... I just understand what you are feeling...
I know I keep my mind busy at all times... I can't just watch tv, I have to read, play online games, draw ect... It's been so normal for me I never thought much about it till now. But keeping my mind busy it takes my attention off pain, fatigue & every day stresses...

Wishin you the best of luck
Tori,

Believe it or not,your honesty and additional information about you was just what I needed to see.

In retrospect,the ideal question should be:"why not now?"

Thanks;seriously.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 03-26-2012 at 06:25 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
thefarm (03-27-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
thefarm (03-27-2012)
Closed Thread