It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User
Flaring

My PTSD is flaring up today. It is amazing how it can be something irrelevant that brings upon symptoms. You can never be prepared. Never know when the debilitating feelings will hit.

I got angry at my mom for not protecting me as a child. Even though back then, I guess she did all she could. I yelled at my husband for nothing and took a xanax.. another crutch.

All that happened is that I heard from my comp lawyer that I have to go to court on April 23. 14 months it has been, and finally something more than a facilitator. That should have made me happy not cause a flare up. UGH

Last edited by Arianna2; 04-10-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Flaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna2 View Post
My PTSD is flaring up today. It is amazing how it can be something irrelevant that brings upon symptoms. You can never be prepared. Never know when the debilitating feelings will hit.

I got angry at my mom for not protecting me as a child. Even though back then, I guess she did all she could. I yelled at my husband for nothing and took a xanax.. another crutch.

All that happened is that I heard from my comp lawyer that I have to go to court on April 23. 14 months it has been, and finally something more than a facilitator. That should have made me happy not cause a flare up. UGH
Hello Pamela,

People who don't suffer from PTSD can't truly respect the gravity of this disorder.

It can turn the most gentle individual into Ebineezer Scrooge.

It appears that the ones closest to us are destined to feel the wrath of our discomfort.

Relationships suffer because of it and are destined to become strained,to say the least.

The unpredictability just seems to come with the territory.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 04-17-2012 at 03:56 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
Arianna2 (04-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User

Goodness, I am so tired of my PTSD being my adversary. Today I had my final court date. It ended up being no big deal, but the couple of days before it, my PTSD came at me with full force. I couldnt look anyone in the eye, I was shaking, and I was reduced to some kind of idiot. So much going on at once, sometimes I wonder how to process it all. I am so glad I start a new therapist on Wednesday.... I just hope we get along.

My heart is beating so hard as I type, and I cant slow it down. It has only been 36 minutes since Ive taken a pill, and it hasnt helped.
I am just venting, this is my sounding board.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna2 View Post
I am so glad I start a new therapist on Wednesday.... I just hope we get along.
Hello Pamela,

How are you and your new therapist working out?

Hoping for the best.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
(female)

Hi Phoenix, I think I am on my third therapist since that post. I think this third one will work. I have never had a female therapist, but it seems we *click*, so I will give her a try. It is hard though, because I believe (MY) PTSD is something that I have to learn to live with, and therapy wont help much. My triggers will never be removed, so it is just another nuisance.

One thing I didnt understand at all was... Ive been told I have opiate induced hypermyalgia (sp), but also the therapist thinks that my life in general with all of its horrors is also causing me widespread pain. Though I believe this could be true for many people, I find it odd that this would crop up now. Ive never had any pain from my life's issues. The pain only began after months on Oxy, thus the hypermyalgia. But I will wait and see. And we havent even begun to address the issue of my injury.

I have weaned down from 60mg of Cymbalta to 20mg now. My symptoms are lessening, but the one side effect of Cymbalta (diarrhea) is no longer there, so the constipation from the Oxy is plaguing me now. Good grief, lol, if it isnt one thing it is another.

Hope everyone has a nice memorial day.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Hello Pamela,

Do you mean opiate-induced hyperalgesia?

I can see how day-to-day stressors can aggravate and compromise our already fragile state.

It's like having a headache and the neighbors child is clanging and beating on a set of drums.

I agree with you;PTSD is something that we're going to have to live with,once it gets to a certain level.

Wow...i'm on 60mg of cymbalta but then I have what can only be described as a personal pharmacy worth of potent meds(so it seems...).

Ah,Memorial Day...i'm a 7-year veteran of pain and idiot-induced something or others.I know it doesn't count but I thought adding it would enhance the post.

Everyone have a pleasant weekend.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 05-27-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Closed Thread