It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
(male)

Vladik1339 HB User
Looking for an advice.

Hey guys, I'm new here as you can see

I'd like to hear your thoughts on my problem, hopefully some of you can help me out...
Often when I'm confronted by someone, I get really stressed out even if I know for a fact that I'm in no danger. My body starts to shake, and I just can't relax. Even when I arguing with my little sister (she's 13... I'm 18), and on the freaking internet as well during arguments or whatever.

You've probably figured out by yourself already, but I've a low self esteem.

So... what do you think? Any of you experience this as well? How do you deal with it? I'm currently serving my military service, soon to be a commander over detainees and I doubt I can do the job as long as I fear even the slightest confrontation /:

Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Diverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB User
Re: Looking for an advice.

Hi Vladik1339,

It sounds like you are suffering from anxiety/having panic attacks.

If you have a quick search of the net or even these forums im sure you will find some good ways to try and calm yourself when having a panic attack, as for the anxiety some times you can control it through therapy or by avoiding it, in your case its unlikely you will be able to avoiding because as humans we do love to argue and fight with each other.

Have you thought about going to your GP because i know for mine anyway that i have a med that helps with mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Looking for an advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladik1339 View Post
Hey guys, I'm new here as you can see

I'd like to hear your thoughts on my problem, hopefully some of you can help me out...
Often when I'm confronted by someone, I get really stressed out even if I know for a fact that I'm in no danger. My body starts to shake, and I just can't relax. Even when I arguing with my little sister (she's 13... I'm 18), and on the freaking internet as well during arguments or whatever.

You've probably figured out by yourself already, but I've a low self esteem.

So... what do you think? Any of you experience this as well? How do you deal with it? I'm currently serving my military service, soon to be a commander over detainees and I doubt I can do the job as long as I fear even the slightest confrontation /:
Vladik,

You would best benefit from a therapist at this point.We will be here to guide you in the meanwhile.
Are you up for the task?

Respectfully
Phoenix

Closed Thread