It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
(male)

vxg HB User
Wife is pregnant with PTSD - help needed

Hi,
My wife is ~5mo pregnant with our second child (1st is nearly 4) and was recently diagnosed with PTSD. I'm trying really hard to be supportive and help in every way I possibly can, but to be frank I don't know what to do. I genuinely try, but it invariably ends up in a large yelling match every day, and getting things thrown at me. This isn't a good situation for our 4yr old either. I want this to improve - but I don't know where to begin.

Can anyone suggestion where I might find information about getting help - either individual, group therapy or any other sources of support? Any recommendations for therapists or groups in the Greater Seattle/Eastside area?

thanks everyone. This is my first post.

The following user gives a hug of support to vxg:
Phoenix (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Wife is pregnant with PTSD - help needed

Hello vxg and welcome.

I feel for you;truly.

PTSD is tough to deal with but can be manageable(in this particular case) with individual and sometimes even group therapy.

Try to imagine a person constantly throwing mud at you and no matter how you try to prevent the annoyance(begging,pleading,etc.) this person and their antics won't seem to go away.

Tap into the annoyance of how that person feels and you have an inkling of what is going on with her.

Patience,understanding,self-help books,prayer and allowing them additional space at times are a few things that come to mind.

To find groups in your locale,you can begin with the state's mental health association.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-25-2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: additional wording

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
vxg (11-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply