It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

Blewiz HB User
Car Accident. 16. Learner Driver.

Last year in October i was in a car accident i was 16 and had my learners for about 2 weeks and not much experience besides a few hours on the freeway. I was waiting for on coming traffic so i could turn into our driveway, i was rear ended at 80km per hour in a 60 zone. almost hitting the car infront of us. im now 17, a little longer than a year since the accident and everthing seems to be worse not better.

-Extreme Whiplash.
-Spinal Sprain
-Fear of being alone, at night being the worst
- Fear of being in a car
- The sound of screeching tires, the car stopping suddenly or the car increasing speed all makes me extremely nervous.
-Nightmares and reoccurance of the accident.
-The pain wrecks everyday of my life.
-Immune system has been comparised, meaning im always sick
-At school about 40% of the year
-Done 5 rounds of rehab
- Truck load of medication

Can anyone help me?
Do i have some PTSD?

The following user gives a hug of support to Blewiz:
Phoenix (02-12-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
(female)

EliHand HB User
Re: Car Accident. 16. Learner Driver.

Blewiz:
I cannot directly relate to your incident. However your day to day life sounds familiar. I am easily startled with nightmares and day dreaming. Men walking behind me make me uneasy. I am sick often and I can't stand being in a small room with few people. My life is a total nightmare and I was involved with minimal drug use which led to multiple rehabs.
That was my life. I have found a good therapist and I am stronger in my day to day life. I still get sick but I am more calm and less anxious. I attend a womens center regularly and I am committed to helping myself as much as others. I still get scared and I still have a thought of my incident once a day. My PTSD was not diagnosed for four years, because I never talked about it to anyone.
Speak up, let someone know how you feel. Talk to a friend or family member and go from there. Find a counselor or a therapist and find a support group. PTSD rears its ugly head in many ways but what you describe is almost to a T who I was years ago. It can come from many incidents and wrecks are just one of many. Others relate to me who have been in traumatic fires and other horrifying incidents.
If you feel like you are afraid to suggest the issue openly as I was, write it down. Let all of your feelings out and give the letter to someone you trust and walk away. That is what I did. It took a weight off my shoulders and I was able to get help. I didn't have to go through painful questions or panic in front of someone. Just, this is how I feel, this is wrong, I don't want you to poke and prod, please help me; is all my letter consisted of.
I am not perfect now but I feel better and happier. Life is not always easy and I still get scared, but I can always talk to someone now because I have a trust group. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Car Accident. 16. Learner Driver.

Hello Blewiz and welcome back.

From what you've stated,it seems that PTSD symptoms are definitely occurring.

Are you opposed to seeing a therapist for an official diagnosis and possible treatment plan?

PTSD is bothersome and interferes with one's daily lifestyle.

The sooner this is attended to,the better.

If there are any questions,please feel free to ask,as you're always appreciated here.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Reply Reply