It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Postpartum Depression (PPD) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2003, 03:49 PM   #1

Stiffeni HB User
Exclamation Kolopin & Prozac -- Postpartum depression

My dr recently prescribed me 20 mg of Prozac for postpartum depression when my son turned 6 weeks old. Now we had tests done on my infant for hemophillia and I had started to totally freak out whent the tests came back with an elevated PTT and we have to take him to a different dr at a bigger hospital. So my dr prescribed me 1mg of kolopin to take as needed for the anxiety. Has anyone ever taken both of these together and if so.. how addicting are they.. I dont want to get addicted to taking these medications, but I feel like I can not survive w/o them

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 01:44 PM   #2

Surviving101 HB User
Re: Kolopin & Prozac -- Postpartum depression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffeni
My dr recently prescribed me 20 mg of Prozac for postpartum depression when my son turned 6 weeks old. Now we had tests done on my infant for hemophillia and I had started to totally freak out whent the tests came back with an elevated PTT and we have to take him to a different dr at a bigger hospital. So my dr prescribed me 1mg of kolopin to take as needed for the anxiety. Has anyone ever taken both of these together and if so.. how addicting are they.. I dont want to get addicted to taking these medications, but I feel like I can not survive w/o them
[FONT=Arial]

[COLOR=DarkRed]
Be careful of the klonopin. I was on 1 and a half pills a day for 3 years for anxiety .05 mg per pill) and they made me feel like I could conquer the world, but then I had to get off of them and it was sheer hell. I was shaking, the anxiety intensified 10x worse and I couldn't work. The symptoms went awat quickly but the psycholgical damage was already done. Be very careful, klonopin is very addictive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2003, 02:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

prozac and klonapin are often taken together, prozac, if it works (sometimes it doesnt) reduces anxiety and depression, klonapin always works and relaxes you

klonapin usually isnt addictive if taken sensibly, those who are addicted usually take it as a street drug

the klonapin works faster if you disolve the tablet under the tongue

Old 12-15-2003, 06:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Hi, I am on fluoxetine(generic prozac)30mg and klonopin 1mg I have been taking the prozac for about 2 and a half months now and the klonopin about 3 weeks. I take it as needed. If you take it a lot and everyday maybe twice a day, you might get addicted. My psych told me not to worry and if I take it as he said to take it I should have no problems. I guess It all depends on the person and how often you take it. It does work well though, Try not to worry about it. Hope this helps.
Carly

Old 12-16-2003, 08:46 AM   #5

Stiffeni HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrywort
Hi, I am on fluoxetine(generic prozac)30mg and klonopin 1mg I have been taking the prozac for about 2 and a half months now and the klonopin about 3 weeks. I take it as needed. If you take it a lot and everyday maybe twice a day, you might get addicted. My psych told me not to worry and if I take it as he said to take it I should have no problems. I guess It all depends on the person and how often you take it. It does work well though, Try not to worry about it. Hope this helps.
Carly

Thank-you, Thats what I take the fluoxetine (20mg) Daily, and the klonopin I take as needed to cope with extra stress... Thanks... I was worried that I was going to get addicted... If you dont mind me asking have you suffered any sexual side affects, such as not being able to climax or just not wanting it anymore?

Old 12-16-2003, 09:48 AM   #6

Surviving101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hry33
prozac and klonapin are often taken together, prozac, if it works (sometimes it doesnt) reduces anxiety and depression, klonapin always works and relaxes you

klonapin usually isnt addictive if taken sensibly, those who are addicted usually take it as a street drug

the klonapin works faster if you disolve the tablet under the tongue

First of all My Klonopin was prescribed by a Dr and I took it as prescribed. Klonopin is a controlled substance and is considered a narcotic. I was in no way taking it as a street drug. and that is an unfair statment to make. A person assumes the Dr would know what he is doing and how it should be prescribed. I know of several people who went through bad withdrawals with Klonopin and now some Dr's will not even prescribe it because it's so addictive.

Old 12-16-2003, 12:46 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

I don't mind you asking at all, I haven't had any sexual side effects at all from it, But when i first started taking fluoxetine I felt really sick and didn't have any desire to have sex but that went away. I hope you do well on this med, It is one of the best. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask and I will do what I can to help.
Carly

Old 12-16-2003, 01:33 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

prozac and other antidepressants often cause sexual problems, some experimenting can help as the sex drive is altered rather than stopped

Closed Thread